• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessory plug in type on Viper

I have one off the battery for the passenger and one off the 12v plug. The plug in that zaminatot showed on my sled is used for the rear seat heated grips.

for some reason the after market plugs do not stay in but my oem yamaha stays in all the time ,only difference i see or feel is that the springs on the sides are a little more stiff

View attachment 104012 My FXR helmet came with this cord to go to the battery, I guess you could add an inline fuse if your concerned about shorting out....
I used the cord that came with my FXR helmet also. I only wish it came with a cover when not in use since I only use it when it is too cold for my motocross style helmet. I was going to get this one because it has a fuse and cover. Only $25 on Ebay.

$_57.JPG

I found two plugs from Polaris on eBay and mounted them on the handle bar plastic cover just like I had on my Rushs. Works great for the our LTX DX's. Wired them down to the chain case plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arctic Cat TXi / PFP / Crosstec Helmet Electric Dash Cord
Part # 4202-923

1 question though. Does anyone know what fuse operates that plug? Just wondering if you blow that fuse will it take out all the stuff the 12v socket takes out. If not then for sure this method is a win!
I don't know. I do know I've owned several Cats over the years w heated shields & have never had any issues. Not 1

Guys I bought the two plug adapter from Yamaha and the thing is too short.. the only way I can get it to work is let it touch the exhaust guard.. I'm afraid it won't last long like that.

I know this is an old thread, but it is good information for any newbies.

I used the same adapter as Zampinator. I got the three prong adapter so I could have the helmet adapter (used a Y adapter to have two helmets for when my son rides with me) plus a plug for the GPS. I got a plug online for that and put it in the dash too, as you can see in the pics.

I'll add that if you do this, be very careful that your wires aren't rubbing anywhere. If they get a short, it will blow the fuse. The same fuse as your dashboard and your tail light. Then you are left riding with no gauges and no light... and of course a foggy helmet. Ask me how I know...

IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG

What circuit is your heated seat on? I bought an aftermarket heated seat for my wife, and now I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to wire it all in.. Should two heated shields and a heated seat be ok on the same circuit you think?

The helmet lead is a low amperage draw, like less than one amp. I would check out the fuse in that line. It is probably something small, like 5 amp. My sled has the heated seat standard, so it goes to the fuse box somewhere. I'd bet you could find the plug in the harness somewhere under the dash, and plug your aftermarket heater directly to the circuit the factory would use. Most of the wires seem to come through the large harness you can see if you remove the cover where the goggle holder goes.

The helmet lead is a low amperage draw, like less than one amp. I would check out the fuse in that line. It is probably something small, like 5 amp. My sled has the heated seat standard, so it goes to the fuse box somewhere. I'd bet you could find the plug in the harness somewhere under the dash, and plug your aftermarket heater directly to the circuit the factory would use. Most of the wires seem to come through the large harness you can see if you remove the cover where the goggle holder goes.

Looking for someone to check where the stock seat heater wires go to. I can't seem to find a plug for it on mine which doesn't have heater or the harness by battery.

As I recall the heated seat gets power from the 2 pin plug by the reverse actuator. The installation is nothing like the instructions depict.

For the current protection of a shield plug a breaker might not be a bad idea. I went with Rocz Smart supply. Simple plug n play installation in the wires to the lighter socket. Only thing that I might change is adding a quick connect for when I want to remove the hood.

Not sure how an Indy question ended up in the Viper forum :hide:

What are you guys doing with the dummy side of the adapter for the heated shield plug?

Attachments

• 14462312049971276633865.jpg
    14462312049971276633865.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 515
I just noticed tonight that my Ltx Dx is wire direct to the battery. Not sure if previous owner or dealer did it this way. Is there really any issue with it wired this way? I see no in line fuse either.

I just noticed tonight that my Ltx Dx is wire direct to the battery. Not sure if previous owner or dealer did it this way. Is there really any issue with it wired this way? I see no in line fuse either.
I am assuming that a line without a fuse could overheat/melt wires under the right circumstances? While it seems that most aftermarket hookups that I have seen don't come fused, the factory installations I have seen are fused, and presumably for a good reason. I wired direct to the battery with an in-line fuse under the seat that will be easy to change. My wife's Vector, with the factory installed hookup, blew the fuses twice last winter from the cord shorting out on the running board. Luckily on the Vector, the fusebox is readily accessible, and I was able to change the fuse, even in a raging blizzard.

Back