• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adapt Cat clutch

Yes. The cover is broken around the bolt on both bolts shown. It should have a shoulder that goes over the top of the tower where its notched
Thanks for post.. You know after I watched the video that I posted .. The first thing I thought when the guy says the cover "weighs nothing". Was Thunder Products and the 911 cover.. They have been known for shitty cover bushings.. Hope your was a bad cover(casting), but that is not good.. Wonder if Terry over at Thunder has a cover for this clutch yet?

Thanks for post.. You know after I watched the video that I posted .. The first thing I thought when the guy says the cover "weighs nothing". Was Thunder Products and the 911 cover.. They have been known for shitty cover bushings.. Hope your was a bad cover(casting), but that is not good.. Wonder if Terry over at Thunder has a cover for this clutch yet?
I messaged them this morning and they're working on a cover but it's not quite ready yet. I did gain 4 mph over my previous top speed with this Adapt clutch, FWIW.

Just buy a good clutch and get rid of the headache
I assume team still makes it and it’s not made to handle hp
Tapp is a good investment to save a foot lol

Anyone run one of these on a sidewinder yet?
Heard one idling the other day and super quiet.
How do they perform compared to the old yamaha primary?
You would need a different secondary to run this clutch. Cat uses a wider belt

You would need a different secondary to run this clutch. Cat uses a wider belt

I saw a picture that Bill Mohr had one on his viper with the Yamaha secondary on it.
Don't know how he did it.

Last edited:
You could use the Yamaha Secondary but like yamamarc indicated not without modifications. I am pretty sure KnappAttack experimented with a Team Primary and wide belt off a Tcat and a Yamaha secondary with mods a few years back.

Couple stupid questions.
The clutch hadn't come into contact with anything?
Was it modified?
Was the weight ring still mounted on the inner sheave?

Back