• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ADAPT Clutch Set Up

So sucking belt down in secondary and over shift with 58/49?
Is there a lot of heat too
Yes. And yes. Justinator mentioned that he has a 46/44 helix from speedwerx that he's trying and I believe that is definitely the direction to go.

So I know the 58/49 .15 works
also
It does... I run that helix on good hard pack or ice.... but still too much for soft snow IMO. Just to clarify, my sled is geared 22/37 and the 2023 that I just shared pictures of has 21/38 gears.

What did you do to the primary?
We have used 125/280 spring from team
60ys weight
Torsional conversion
1.68 is a big gear
Most in that 1.80 we do

I’m curious because I haven’t seen that failure yet but obviously it happens

What did you do to the primary?
We have used 125/280 spring from team
60ys weight
Torsional conversion
1.68 is a big gear
Most in that 1.80 we do

I’m curious because I haven’t seen that failure yet but obviously it happens
I've been running stock spring with 69g base daltons. I've also run a a 120/300 from speedwerx. What's the part number on the team spring? I had my dealer order 1646-012 105-285 but they haven't been able to get it.

Duh... I realize that you said from the Team clutch but I was still thinking Adapt for some reason.

Yes. And yes. Justinator mentioned that he has a 46/44 helix from speedwerx that he's trying and I believe that is definitely the direction to go.
The 46/44 is a bit too much pinch for the 827 ultimax im finding. Not far off but cools clutches down alot with cat belt but clutches are cooler with 58/49 when using ultimax so I have an stm torsional conversion im going to try with 58/49 and ultimax for now but im thinking with ultimax something with a similiar finish (47,48,49) and a bit lower start around 56 or 54 will work well for my needs or the 58-49 compound cut. Not complaining we keep getting snow but takes a while to get good hardpack again for testing lol

The 46/44 is a bit too much pinch for the 827 ultimax im finding. Not far off but cools clutches down alot with cat belt but clutches are cooler with 58/49 when using ultimax so I have an stm torsional conversion im going to try with 58/49 and ultimax for now but im thinking with ultimax something with a similiar finish (47,48,49) and a bit lower start around 56 or 54 will work well for my needs or the 58-49 compound cut. Not complaining we keep getting snow but takes a while to get good hardpack again for testing lol
I have a 54/46.20 in my 21 Thundercat right now and that seems to work well but our trails have been soft.

Have another broken cover on another 23 Thundercat. From what I can tell, if you stay in the throttle when the sled stops upshifting (trying to squeeze mph in less than ideal conditions), it puts too much pressure on the primary and flexes the towers.

View attachment 171454View attachment 171455
Curiosity is asking what fly weights(part#) were used in this clutch ? And is it tuned?

Last edited:
We are having good luck with 60ys stm in adapts
Have to have side bushings

From the failures I have seen posted on the net, fly weights were retro fitted to sit in the saddle with spacers on the movable sheave... I have also seen the spacers used worn and burred over.... The other thing they are also to short and bind when the weight tip goes over center on the roller and then it's a chain reaction of energy not retracting evenly causing excess torque onto the towers and causing them to deflect and fracture the cover... This application I would only use specific made fly weights for the ADAPT... This way the OEM thrust washer is in place to ensure free movement.... My opinion...

Last edited:

Back