• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Afraid to hold it wide open for a long time ?

rx1mountain

Veteran
Hey guys I picked up a 03 RX1Mountain with a Bender Stage 2 rear mount and have had it out twice now and I am almost afraid to hold it wide open for a long pull. My A/F is in the 11's at WOT am I just being paranoid ? It is a crazy amount of power that is for sure and I am only running 10LBS of boost !

hahaha you gotta love boost, wait till you upgrade it to run 18+ lbs .... :)

rx1mountain said:
Hey guys I picked up a 03 RX1Mountain with a Bender Stage 2 rear mount and have had it out twice now and I am almost afraid to hold it wide open for a long pull. My A/F is in the 11's at WOT am I just being paranoid ? It is a crazy amount of power that is for sure and I am only running 10LBS of boost !

Keep a Close Eye on the Water Temps, you may want to add some additional cooling if not already done.

HP Makes Heat, you need to get rid of it as fast or faster than you make it or something will melt.

Ted.

Keep a Close Eye on the Water Temps, you may want to add some additional cooling if not already done.

HP Makes Heat, you need to get rid of it as fast or faster than you make it or something will melt.

Ted.

It has an MPI tunnel with a rear heat exchanger. Any other cooling recommendations?

Ted Jannetty said:
rx1mountain said:

Ted.

Ted what would you consider high water temps? or when to let off. Mine when just crusing around is at about 165F then i do short blasts. We do not have anything long enough yet to hold the throttle WO until the ice is good. Just so i know when to let off

BenderSRX said:
Ted Jannetty said:
rx1mountain said:

Ted.

Ted what would you consider high water temps? or when to let off. Mine when just crusing around is at about 165F then i do short blasts. We do not have anything long enough yet to hold the throttle WO until the ice is good. Just so i know when to let off

I have seen several issues with Temp guage installations, If the Sender is not properly grounded the guage can be way off.

I thought I should mention that because I seen it so many times, guys will put the sender in a rubber hose with a T fitting, not knowing it needs an engine ground to work right.

I like 185-190 Max under WOT.

Location is also very important also, it must be in the hottest part of the cooling system.

Mine is in the Stock location on the T-Stat housing with a Ground Wire attatched.

Ted Jannetty said:
Cilius66 said:
is it any treads that describe the A/F values and what "good" values are??

Idle or Very Light Throttle 13.5-14.5

Moderate accleration 12.5-13.5

WOT 11.5-12.0

NICE NICE INFO AGAIN FROM TED!!! :Rockon:

Skydog

rx1mountain said:

Ted.

It has an MPI tunnel with a rear heat exchanger. Any other cooling recommendations?

rx1mountain,
I know that sled well, you are good on the cooling. I would leave the jetting where it is for now as long as it's not blubbering I believe at about 1000 feet elev that sled is presently jetted for about 12psi so it may be a little rich at 10psi. Don't worry, you'll get more comfortable with the boost... sorta.... :Rockon:

rx1mountain,
I know that sled well, you are good on the cooling. I would leave the jetting where it is for now as long as it's not blubbering I believe at about 1000 feet elev that sled is presently jetted for about 12psi so it may be a little rich at 10psi. Don't worry, you'll get more comfortable with the boost... sorta.... :Rockon:

Tony,

I had it out last night and did get a little "blubbering" towards the end of my ride. I am going to dial up the boost a couple pounds and see how it does. It was running around 10.9 at WOT on the A/F so I might play with the pitot jet and get it closer to 11.5. Man can this thing dig a trench and keep on going !!

10.9 is way fat buddy!!! They are fun!!! HAHAH

Put a bigger jet in charge tube.

Skdog

Back