• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air Box Mod updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just pull the airbox out , opened it and the side where the divider is has a white chalky residue on it (on left side where the plastic is supposed to be bent looking at the sled from the front) is that normal?

Post a pic please. Not sure if you mean the horizontal divider or the air temp sender divider.

Post a pic please. Not sure if you mean the horizontal divider or the air temp sender divider.
I should have taken a pic I put it back together sorry!
I cleaned the white residue off! Standing infront of the machine it was at the back right corner of the airbox where you heat and bend the plastic when modding(right side of bent plastic). It kinda look like water and oil mixed then dryed if that makes sense

I cleaned the white residue off! Standing infront of the machine it was at the back right corner of the airbox where you heat and bend the plastic when modding(right side of bent plastic). It kinda look like water and oil mixed then dryed if that makes sense

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/airbox-mod-warning.133316/#post-1199325
Did it look like this?
image.jpeg

You tipped it up or over on its left side at some point? Sounds like what you said water and oil mix.

Yup that's residue from wear of plastic. Was waiting for more guys to see that.
I noticed mine has residue and it is also cracked, and it was never touched, Until I took it apart this weekend and did what I thought need to be done for the air box mod. mine is a 2015 rtx with just over 1000 miles

I removed that divider in pic on advice of Excell who said they saw no difference with or without it. Has bothered me since. May try some glue to permanently put that in there.

I removed that divider in pic on advice of Excell who said they saw no difference with or without it. Has bothered me since. May try some glue to permanently put that in there.
what about riveting a piece of aluminum to stiffen it up??

I don't want to chance any metal getting sucked in motor. May just leave it out since cant tell the difference. Hate experimenting in there. Is pain to work on and could cost a motor.
good point if and when mine cracks I will pull it out permanently

Ive seen a number of guys cut out the bottom of the box. i was wondering if this intake kit would be any different as it looks like it uses a different approach than the original intake hole in the box?
I just saw this on ebay and the question came to mind.

Attachments

• viper stage 1 intake pic.jpg
    viper stage 1 intake pic.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 388
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back