• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex and Attak performance clutch kits!!

Hi allen,now that i have some real world miles on my attak here is what i found.. First it is all stock attak and on semi packed dry snow it runs wot right to 10,000 and shortly after that to 10,500 in like 1/4 mile,now it is stock,BUT i adjusted the transfer rod in so i have very little transfer,as i prefer to drive thru a turn rather than push and brake thru it... On plowed road w/packed snow underneith it will overev to 11,000 unless this is normal,if so is it still in anykind of powerband at that rpm ??? I am going to as mark if he will take in my 60 supertips in trade for the new style that you have in your clutch kit,you gave me some info before,and i will contact you by pm to consult w/you on this later.. Have you found the speedos to be very far off on the 06 compared to any of the other rx1s mine is either way way off or it was track spin,speedo flahed 128 and gps never went past 109 all day yesterday,before that 123-125 was best speedo and gps 108 any ideas allen,as this is not very fast gps top end,but the mid and bottom feels really sweet.. Pete

Pete, I haven't seen any 4-stroke Yamaha run those kinds of rpm. First thing to check is if the white spring could be coil binding (it does happen). The speedos seem to be off 11-13% in all my testing.

Allen I put your stage 2 kit on friday and put 75 miles on it today riding with 4 of my buddies.All were short track apexes.2GT'S 2RTX'S and mine is a GT also.We all lined up and they all were scratching their heads wondering why mine was faster than the rest.(At least 3 or 4 sleds in a short race).When we got back to the parking lot I told them.You will probably be getting a couple of calls this week from them. Thanks for a great product.F.L.

byoffcr, This was a short 500ft or so race.Raced my friends again this sunday about 1000ft and the margin was greater than that.The sled pulled them from start to finish.Oh yeah I also probably have 20 to 50 lbs on all my friends.

fourload said:
byoffcr, This was a short 500ft or so race.Raced my friends again this sunday about 1000ft and the margin was greater than that.The sled pulled them from start to finish.Oh yeah I also probably have 20 to 50 lbs on all my friends.

4load I was just teasing Allen because I have the stage 2 on my attaks and have posted how good they are more than once in different topics on this site.. Terry ;)!

Thats funny.This clutch kit seems to gain everywhere.Ive had every brand of clutch kits in other sleds and so far this one is the real thing.Most of the other ones you would gain somewhere and loose in other places.Most of the time you would loose in the top end.

fourload said:
Thats funny.This clutch kit seems to gain everywhere.Ive had every brand of clutch kits in other sleds and so far this one is the real thing.Most of the other ones you would gain somewhere and loose in other places.Most of the time you would loose in the top end.
Your right except for top end it is the same. :Rockon:

Allen, your father says you should have credit card machine up and running today. If that is the case, I would like a Stage 2 Apex Kit sent out ASAP to Canada. Please let me know the status

Thanks

I put a clutch kit from Ulmer racing on my Attak and have the tips set up with one tungston and three washers (opposite each other) near the heel. All of the other locations are empty. I also changed the primary spring and secondary spring. The primary hits hard on take off and the mid range acceleration is awesome. I only have 113 miles on it and haven't made a push past 8,000 RPM and so far I'm satisfied with the performance.

Anyone with different super tip set ups? Results?

Venomous said:
I put a clutch kit from Ulmer racing on my Attak and have the tips set up with one tungston and three washers (opposite each other) near the heel. All of the other locations are empty. I also changed the primary spring and secondary spring. The primary hits hard on take off and the mid range acceleration is awesome. I only have 113 miles on it and haven't made a push past 8,000 RPM and so far I'm satisfied with the performance.

Anyone with different super tip set ups? Results?[/quote

I put mine on with 0 miles on the attak but I run mine 10500 for short runs right out of the crate and it is a mover.

upper gear 23

Allen
Just finish to install stage 2 kit
Work very good push very hard
My question is do i have to modify something
if i go with 23 gears on top

snolover, no need to adjust for the 23 gear.

Allen,

Been 600 miles since installing your kit#2, rpm when from 11,000 to 10,500. On my last ride, I now see 10,900-11,000. I have 1850 miles, What do you suggest me to do? Is it ok to run those RPM or is it better to low it down to 10,500?

Please help. Thank you.

Back