• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex and Attak performance clutch kits!!

Yummy, add 1 gold washer to the tip position on each weight and back the secondary spring off from 6-3 wind to 6-2 wind.

Pricing will be going up $15 this week due to an increase cost in weights.

WOW, looks like I need one of these stage 2 kits for my 06 attak. Has anyone lost any top end with this set up?

Srxspec said:
Matt, the engagement is real close to stock, but the belt grab is increased to get you out of the hole faster. The torque and throttle response of this motor shows no ill-effects of having a lower engagement.

When I rode my Apex for the first time last weekend, engagement was around 3,500 rpm. Does this seem about right? You say engagement remains "close" to stock. What is close? Is there any topend increase with this stage 2 kit?

Engagement on the Apex Stage 2 kit is 3800-4000. It picks up 1-2 mph in top end.

23 gear will increase the low end and midrange with the same top end, as long as you have enough traction to hook it up.

I have sent you a email but you dint reply, so i am gone post here.I put the 23 top gear end even on perfect condition hardly go over 100 mph.i have see a couple time bling 103 mph for half a second.my Supertips are set 8 washer in the heel 0 in the midlle and 0 in the tip.last time i was on hard pact, only reving 10400 rpm.secondary wrap at 90.Also try 7 washer in the heel and it was not faster.I no my motor need an oil change,oil is pretty black but doest affect my performance or my clutch set-up is no good?

Rock, your email may have gone into our "bulk mail" folder and gotten deleted. After being gone for 4 days and having to look through a few hundred emails I start to go cross eyed!

How many miles on current clutch bushings and sled? How many miles on the belt and is it within spec? Top end numbers are deceiving. I can go out one day down our test strip and run 114 mph on GPS with 22/38 gearing and no cut clutches, but the next day won't be able to get over 105. Were you running in or on soft ice/snow? Windy that particular day? Need more information.

My sled got 1800 miles,the drive belt was new at 1500 mile from last year but i din try my bran new spare belt with any success and the 2 belt are in the spec.Condition, wee barely got snow here so no long ride for me,only testing all winter and play with those clutch.the snow melt here so i go where i use to, a long straight whit about 1 inch of hard pact snow.Got so much grip on the speed run , that my rpm was only reving 10400 rpm with no wind.The sled will pull hard and fast to 92 mph and then it slow down and barely get 100-101 mph.This year i only 300 miles of WOT! made a couple passe with the clutch kit and the 24 top gear at the beginning of the season and got 106 mph in poor condition.To regain my top end i scotch brite both clutch clean the clutch,clean the drive belt with soap and run my track loose, 1 inch overhang.

Rock, going back to the pink spring will increase your RPM. You may also want to look at the white secondary spring as well. If you are on limited snow or soft/slushy snow it will sometimes drop the RPM due to it pulling harder (more resistance).

Back