• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex won't crank and no fuel pump

duste said:
This was on another post but I thought I'd start a new one just for this problem. Here are the symtoms of this;
No action at the starter at all, nothing, acts like a bad ign. switch
The fuel pump does not come on when the key is turned
The starter relay may OR maynot check as normal ( this really threw me)
Code 43 on the dash, again sometimes not always.
The Fuel pump relay does click on and then off the way it should, but no pump.

The fault;
Inside the main wiring harness running along the left upper frame above the belt, has 3 multiple grounding blocks in it, one is a test point if you can find it as they are all burried in the harness and taped quite well. The test one is a small flat plug with 4 black wires and is above the driven clutch inside the harness. The second is under the water resevoirs, taped in the harness and hard to find, once you find it itès a great test spot to verify if you get all the grounds.
The 3rd, and my trouble is just ahead of the driven clutch, also in the harness and has 7 black wires in it, one 2 sizes lager then the rest. This was burnt and was no longer passing ground from all the components that are feed into it, which includes the fuel pump. I cut the plug out totally, slodered all 7 wires together , greesed the solder to prevent corrosion and then retaped the harness. If you feel along the harness the grounding pionts can be found and will need to be untaped to get access, but once you are there it is a great spot to start trouble shooting you electriacal trouble.
Hopefully no one will get stranded like I did and this post will solve somebody's trouble the way another post on here did for me. Thanks for all the responses regarding my posts.

I can't seem to down size a couple pics I wanted to post, so if anyone has this trouble in the future, PM me and I will be glad to Email them to you.

is yours still running good ..i'm getting code 20 and sometimes the fuel pump takes a few flips of the switch to kick in ...i did all the stuff you did i think i'm needing an ecm ..

I wonder if this might be my issue. Last time out I had intermittent problems with starting. The dash would power up clean (no errors), pretty sure I heard the fuel pump (?), but turn the key and nothing. Almost like a bad starter. Sometimes it would take me holding the key in the start position for 5-6 seconds, and sometimes it would just take a few minutes of repeatedly trying it (hope, turn, hope, turn, hope, turn, yay!).

Thoughts? Any help appreciated thanks.

Tim47 said:
I wonder if this might be my issue. Last time out I had intermittent problems with starting. The dash would power up clean (no errors), pretty sure I heard the fuel pump (?), but turn the key and nothing. Almost like a bad starter. Sometimes it would take me holding the key in the start position for 5-6 seconds, and sometimes it would just take a few minutes of repeatedly trying it (hope, turn, hope, turn, hope, turn, yay!).

could be ..do the easy stuff first ..battery connection ..solenoid ..the big green fuse ,and them 3 smaller wires that plug into your solenoid

Tim47 said:

Just went thru this exact same thing. Just replaced the starter relay.......so far, so good, but only time will tell.

09 vector

Getting no tail light and no cluster from time to time on an 09 Vector, any ideas where to start looking?

Re: 09 vector

twiz28 said:
Getting no tail light and no cluster from time to time on an 09 Vector, any ideas where to start looking?

don't know much about vectors but i'd take a look at these ground blocks...there was a guy on this post that had an issue with tail lights ... have you had the plug in off for the windshield and gauges ..i'd start with every plug in you have to take off for an oil change or had to unplug recently ..check them for corrosion clean them and grease them...i'm sorry i can't be more helpful but i'm trying

Thanks for the post. Had 06 Apex die. Replaced starter relay, didn't help. Found grounding block and soldered wires. Have put 400 miles on since and is working great. Suggest this be done on the older Apexs so you don't stranded.

This just might be my problem too. Posted a question this morning about my Attak, Same symptoms. So I will be looking at it this week. Thank you!

Hi dose any one have pic of were this black ground block and how do u do this Bc I want to do it to my 06 apex gt be for it dose it to Me thank you
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, WENT OUT TO THE GARAGE YESTERDAY TO FIRE UP THE APEX... IT STARTED THEN STALLED, IT WOULD CRANK A COUPLE OF TIMES THEN QUIT. :o| CODE 43 . I WENT RIGHT TO THE BLACK GROUND BLOCK AND IT WAS MELTED!!! REMOVED JUNCTION, SOLDERED ALL WIRES TOGETHER AND SHE IS GOOD TO GO. THIS SHOULD BE DONE BY EVERYONE CAUSE IF IT HAPPENS ON THE TRAIL YOUR GETTING TOWED !!!! GREAT SITE THANKS :Rockon: :Rockon:

That
09 vector

I have a 2008 vector and my cluster flashed a few time then it quit now it won't start and no spark so dunno maybe were having the same issue. At least yours runs!

Back