• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat LED Hand Guards

I know the Powermadd's come with an on/off Switch you can install if you want the option of being able to turn them off and on(the LED'S) when you want. Do the Cat ones have the same option/switch for the LED'S?? Or is it always on and thats it with the Cat ones?
No the cat ones do not have an on/off switch.

sorry for the dumb question but whats the point of the lights while riding? Seems like something else to blind oncoming riders. im looking at handguards and these seem to be nice. the ones that came on the sled seem cheap like many have said. The guy said one fell off as well last year so I only have one anyways.

How are the Arctic Cat guards at blocking the wind? They seem small and far away from the bar. I just bought a set an hour ago.

sorry for the dumb question but whats the point of the lights while riding? Seems like something else to blind oncoming riders. im looking at handguards and these seem to be nice. the ones that came on the sled seem cheap like many have said. The guy said one fell off as well last year so I only have one anyways.

The hand guard LED lights don't seem to bother oncoming riders. I found that they are great for night riding. Anytime we stop for a brake along the trail I leave them on so we're not walking around in the dark and any approaching riders can see us. The only thing I dislike is that they light up the back side of the windshield and cowl area but with the switch wired in you have the option to turn them on or off when needed.

i could see them being like puddle lights in mirrors of cars which could be nice. Personally dont see a huge benefit with them on riding and as you said can reflect off the windshield and cause a problem. I wish my nytro ones would fit better. Love them dumbo ears for blockign the wind.

I did not install the LED hand guards for the purpose of extra light, or any increased visibility to other riders. I merely installed them because I thought they looked cool :Rockon::bling :Rockon:

I used to have the standard Yamaha hand guards installed with the extra additional flare that you can get from Cat. I was surprised to find these LED Cat ones actually keep my hands warmer than the other setup.

Does Arctic Cat have add on flares for these

I will say seeing sleds with these on really catches your eye at night. I think it’s because they are so far apart. Looks like a car on Trail. Really stands out.

I have these installed and one more perk for me at least is I can see my gauge at night. I have an AEM gauge with both boost and AFR on it but there isn't any backlighting.

It's nice to see the numbers although it's pretty easy with 12:00 being "GOOD" LOL.
aem_30_4900_1

your aem's dont light up? every one i have seen is digital and can be seen at night no problem.

your aem's dont light up? every one i have seen is digital and can be seen at night no problem.
The gauge is digital. The AFR reading on it isn't backlit tho. It's an AEM 30-4900. Absolute overkill for this application but I had it from a friend's wrecked car and figured the failsafe could be used for a boost bypass if I ever build past 5psi.

I did not install the LED hand guards for the purpose of extra light, or any increased visibility to other riders. I merely installed them because I thought they looked cool :Rockon::bling :Rockon:

I used to have the standard Yamaha hand guards installed with the extra additional flare that you can get from Cat. I was surprised to find these LED Cat ones actually keep my hands warmer than the other setup.
Any time you ride at night and stop on the side of a dark trail, making yourself visible to other riders should be a priority. If they can't see you they can't avoid you.

Attachments

• File_007 (2).jpg
    File_007 (2).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 153
I came across a few sleds at night last year that had them, and IMO, they weren't blinding to me at all as rode towards them. Definitely looks nice! I have a small single led lights on the front and back of my Phazer and I'm putting them on my Viper before the snow flys this winter as I use them as marker lights for stopping at night. I've been thinking building a Diode/Capacitor combo to automatically power them for 30 minutes or so after the Key is turned off.

Back