• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

Crossplane Yamaha engine in the warm weather sounds different then in the cold dense air of winter .

They don't have the crossplane engine inside a new waverunner . We all know Yamaha is big into engines , . Who knows boys , this is making head spin !o_O

The waverunners have supercharged engines though 1.8L.. i think back they had twin 1100cc engines in boats a while back ..

Last edited:
maybe they finally listened and slapped a factory forced air into the 3 cylindre Vector engine...

Well, If you think that's funny (and I do too),... I've been analyzing the audio for two days now...
Yamaha%20Sounds.JPG

Try comparing it to the FZ-09/MT-09 Yamaha engine. Its a 3 syl crossplane

Try comparing it to the FZ-09/MT-09 Yamaha engine. Its a 3 syl crossplane
I don't think that is even possible. From my understanding you have to have a minimum of 4 cylinders and it goes up in 4 cylinder increments (4, 8, 12, 16 ect) for the cross plane technology to work.

Can you say R1S ? Yamaha hasnt released the design on that new patented name yet .. maybe the S stands for snow ???

The
I don't think that is even possible. From my understanding you have to have a minimum of 4 cylinders and it goes up in 4 cylinder increments (4, 8, 12, 16 ect) for the cross plane technology to work.
Yamaha themselves call the 3-cylinder FZ-9 motor a "cross plane" motor even though it doesn't fit the exact original definition. They call it a cross plane technology motor.

Check out the latest edition of Snowtrax TV, Randy Swenson takes the ST crew to Revelstoke to test ride MPI Vipres. Then has the boys try 2016 Yamaha YZ 450 with a Yeti 129 kit, now tell me that doesn't look like the same riding position of the guy riding the fluff in the promo vid. It's coming and so is that other little surprise I keep talking about. You can thank me later.

I don't like the sound of the three and if that's all that Yamaha builds I can't see any reason to trade up. Just buy a 2016 Apex and ride it till it drops and that would be a long time from now. The four works as a NA engine with no problems on regular or premium makes enough hp to take on anything out there, so why go to a three that needs a turbo to make hp? Turbo needs Premium and should one mention voids warranty! How is that better?
I'm a 4 cylinder guy as well! I love my Apex; the power, sound, etc. That being said, these new triples are no slouch either. It's quite apparent that Yamaha is investing in triples big time and I think it's likely the new flag-ship could be a triple. I'm hearing some impressive numbers from guys with triples, both turbo and N/A! Regardless, it will be awesome...3 or 4 cylinder!

4 cylinder, crossplane is my wishful thinking! :D

We get what we get in 2 weeks! ;)!

Last edited:

Back