• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

033012middle1-730x486.jpg
This is a 6 cylinder but could they make a 3 cylinder with off set jugs and make it compact ???

The release of the Viper was a showstopper for me because it wasn't just about a snowmobile....it was about 2 companies joining together from a catstrophe and helping each other out.....in the process, they made a sled that I purchased and am very happy with. Was it low on power....yes, but I am at 171 horse now with bolt ons and engine has yet to be touched.

Yes, I want Yamaha to come out with something so new it blows the pants off of everyone. I hope they do....but Cat is in with this "new" sled also.

All sleds are plastic, aluminum, steel and rubber.....shouldn't matter what name is on the sled. If it's a good handling sled, good performer and looks great....then it's a winner in my book.

033012middle1-730x486.jpg
This is a 6 cylinder but could they make a 3 cylinder with off set jugs and make it compact ???

Ok, that is weird..... being that the bores are straight, (looking at the deck surface) that means the crank and rods would have to clear somewhere. This would make a very short stroke engine and put a lot of wear on the outside of the cylinders (IMO)

Slanted top pistons....who would have thought...

Very cool video!

Why not a 900 to 1000cc 4 cyl? Lots of common parts with bikes. To me the 4 banger was always a better motor, more power per cc, much smoother, actually used less gas, the best sound. If you are doing away with the rear exhaust wouldn't it be better to move the exhaust back to the front of the motor, easier to get to the muffler and easier to lower the motor in the chassis. Yamaha chassis, AC suspension.

That video only tweaks interest with the most diehard loyalists. Nobody that rides another brand gets excited by that unless he's been drinking rather heavily.
I've never seen so much excitement about so little content. Sorry TY, but it's rather laughable. Any bets about whatever it is weighing less than 500 lbs? I'll give you 10-1 odds not a chance.

Be sure to fill out your profile with the model you currently own. Or the model you wish you owned if you currently don't own one. Some professional trolls don't bother to own, but i'm sure your not one of those. It's easy to be a buzzkill when you have zero miles on this season. Some of us have more miles on than the last two season combined and it takes more than a few negative comments to ruin the buzz of a model release.

This is place to get excited, it's a yamaha forum. If it doesn't get you excited, then go back to Dootalk.

Last edited:
2 ski crotch rocket with an inline 4 for the powerhouse

Be sure to fill out your profile with the model you currently own. Or the model you wish you owned if you currently don't own one. Some professional trolls don't bother to own, but i'm sure your not one of those. It's easy to be a buzzkill when you have zero miles on this season. Some of us have more miles on than the last two season combined and it takes more than a few negative comments to ruin the buzz of a model release.

This is place to get excited, it's a yamaha forum. If it doesn't get excited, then go back to Dootalk.

Wow - do you mean like, "sexually", or other? Quite sensitive around here, aren't we, why the threats? Perhaps the result of fighting it out for 4th place in market share the last 5-7 years? Love to hear your thoughts.
FYI - I've owned 3 tanks in the last 6 years, but they've all been "retired" to a diff owner. Love....Fusion.

I heard from a decent reliable source that it is a 800 2 stroke in the making, I am NOT saying that this is it or that it is coming out this year but I hear it is in the making from Yamaha. No it is not cats 800 either, Yamaha would never use someone else's motor when they can build one way better than cat can

Back