• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

If it's already been said sorry but: Yamaha does in fact already make a snow bike. I saw one in person on the showroom floor at Pat's Yamaha in Greenland MI two weeks ago. I would have taken a picture of it to post but my smart (stupid) phone battery went dead from being cold.
As a 40 year veteran of riding snowmobiles, I have no interest in a snow bike. Doesn't look comfortable to ride to me.
sb28-510.jpg

That's a 450 with timber sled kit on it, not a "Yamaha" product. Personally don't see enough market in it to make one and not just sell the dirt bike that is converted an make as much and no development costs

This was the bike at the dealer in Michigan iahacker is referring to. I took a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2696.JPG
    IMG_2696.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 264
Its the new "VENOM"

Chris shot down the snow bike rumor this morning on the Sled Talk blog. He's right as well, it's just too easy to fill the niche by allowing the aftermarket guys assemble those as needed. Yamaha will still sell them the bike.

I would like to see something competitive in a all new Yamaha chassis but I'm growing very old waiting!
I age 10 years for every year I have to see a yamaCRAP.
but I was wrong I predicted in 14' that cat and Yamaha would only last 2 years.

From Chris Reed's blog......" reading the comments, speculating on what would be our next big thing in snowmobiles " ..... Well..I think TY members should get a 5-10% discount on new snowmobiles from dealers, for giving the R&D guys all these great ideas, there probably getting the credit for everyone's ideas, what a easy job.

From Chris Reed's blog......" reading the comments, speculating on what would be our next big thing in snowmobiles " ..... Well..I think TY members should get a 5-10% discount on new snowmobiles from dealers, for giving the R&D guys all these great ideas, there probably getting the credit for everyone's ideas, what a easy job.
Agree :rocks:

You guys are hilarious, like CR would tell you wether they are or not. He didn't rule out anything as he usually does, he mentioned the growing market for snow bikes and it being a niche. "hint"

All this hype for a snow bike....I didn't need Chris's recent post to persuade me that wasn't the new model. Who would want to sit on a 2x4 seat for 200+ miles a day. Ha.

I am little concerned about what appears to be a "hunched over " riding posture. I have had lots of sport bike seat time and that riding posture is not all day friendly either.

For the 1 millionth time the " snow bike " is mountain specific model. Now the trail model will certainly be something special, nothing like a snow bike.

Most of you can't handle riding what you got now all day, let alone what's coming. More times than not its the rider that has the short falls not the sled. If you are not in shape to ride something like that don't knock it, look at yourself in the mirror and see if you can make changes to be a better rider. That's why there are multiple models, so everyone can have some choice. Go Yamaha!

Back