• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

Well, If you think that's funny (and I do too),... I've been analyzing the audio for two days now...
Yamaha%20Sounds.JPG
looks closest to a r1 crossplane to me. maybe just different rpms?

Lol.. What have you come up with...?
Nottin' really - Hard to get samples of the same apparent RPM audiowise. The R1 motorbike sound I found definitely seems lower in RPM then the teaser video. I viewed several R1 videos on youtube and none sound as high pitched as the teaser.

I don't care what it is now! I'm having waaaayyy too much fun just reading this thread every 5 minutes...don't forget i've got OCD...

That video shows you nothing. If that's any indication of what Yamaha has, expectations are very low. That has to be the least effective promo video ever in the history of snowmobiles.
Really? How many pages have been devoted to this?

That video only tweaks interest with the most diehard loyalists. Nobody that rides another brand gets excited by that unless he's been drinking rather heavily.
I've never seen so much excitement about so little content. Sorry TY, but it's rather laughable. Any bets about whatever it is weighing less than 500 lbs? I'll give you 10-1 odds not a chance.
TY is a friendly forum. Please be friendly. Express any criticisms you have, but we talk respectfully to eachother here. Other forums seem to be fine with bashing and disrespect but not here.

That video only tweaks interest with the most diehard loyalists. Nobody that rides another brand gets excited by that unless he's been drinking rather heavily.
I've never seen so much excitement about so little content. Sorry TY, but it's rather laughable. Any bets about whatever it is weighing less than 500 lbs? I'll give you 10-1 odds not a chance.
Is that why there's threads about it over on dootalk? Or is it why you keep trolling through this thread. Lol

from what i heard, Arctic cat is coming out with its own 2 cylindre 2 stroke to replace the suzuki, probably 870 cc, this motor will probably be in the AC linup trail and Yam mountain segment. And Yamaha has a 1098 supercharged 4 stroke to replace the 1100T in the Arctic Cat ZR9000, Chassis is probably going to be from Arctic cat...

thats all i know for now..

I do not think that it will be a large displacement engine in this "new" sled. Over on Sled Talk, Chris replied to a rider wishing to replace his Apex for a lighter version with equal power, his answer was, "I don’t know if we will have the right machine to fit your needs." That tells me that there will be no redesigned Apex or similarly powered sled this year.

Perhaps they will have one that exceeds it!
Could this be the circles in the SAND ?? It almost looks like it !

No but if you cut off 2 of them cyl, it sure would look exactly like it. ☺

from what i heard, Arctic cat is coming out with its own 2 cylindre 2 stroke to replace the suzuki, probably 870 cc, this motor will probably be in the AC linup trail and Yam mountain segment. And Yamaha has a 1098 supercharged 4 stroke to replace the 1100T in the Arctic Cat ZR9000, Chassis is probably going to be from Arctic cat...

thats all i know for now..
I'd be surprised to see a SC rather than a turbo. Although I've ridden both and the SC is way more fun. But in terms of mpg, reliability, replacement parts, etc I would expect them to use a turbo.

Back