• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results "2006"

Well guys an exciting night at NYIRP tonight. Temp was a cool 58deg when we started running and got down to that critical temp of 50deg (according to the track owner…) of being able to hold a good numbers/ET from the big cars before the night was done. It was also Mustang 5.0 night, if you are a Ford Mustang fan, this is the place to be.

Off the trailer I ran a 1.52 – 60ft 5.91 @ 121 1/8mi 9.19 @ 145.06 1/4mi, sled was pulling to the left, had to let off, but still a good run to back up last time out, so not too bad.

Went a little backwards in et to a low 9.2 ~ 9.4’s, but the MPH was still there so I knew we were still ok, the sled still pulling and/or launching to one side, or the other. Still trying to work on getting the new skid dialed in, this was to be expected...

4th run of the night…
1.45 – 60’ 5.69 @ 127.01 – 1/8mi, 8.95 @ 145.34 - 1/4mi
I made it, I’m in the 8’s now…
;)!

On the next run, track got really slippery (temp was 50deg, and dew was setting in…), sled launched to the left (my fault, tried adjusting a little more belt deflection and didn’t work), and had to lift, and then get back into it, ran a 9.37 @ 142.32mph.

Again, an exciting night getting into the 8’s… :-o
(More boost will be added next time out...)

In two weeks got a ‘Bike-Sled Shootout’ (bracket race), and going to try and get out maybe once before then in the daytime to see if we can get out when there is some good traction with sun beating down on the track along with some good rubber on the track.

--Buster696--

BADSLED said:
SRXMAGIC said:
IT'S FROM THE MOTOR BEING LOCKED UP AT 130+MPH.
THE BELT STARTED TO SAW THE SHAFT AT THAT SPEED.

I have had the same happen on my Viper... Could you expalain how that happens???? I'm not sure i understand... The belt should be fully shifted out at that speed away from the shaft????

The moment the secondary clutch looses the tork put on it by the engine the secondary clutch backshifts raising the drive belt all the way up in the secondary pulling the belt down into the senter of the primary. Now with engine locked up by the engine failure the primary clutch is not rotating, the drivebelt is driven by the secondary working like a belt grinder on the primary clutch. At 130+ MPH that is some serious forces grinding on the primary clutch.

Buster696 - Congrats on your progress running it into the 8ths. Now you have to edit your profile :)

Welcome to the 8 second club Buster. Congratulations!

BADSLED said:
SRXMAGIC said:
IT'S FROM THE MOTOR BEING LOCKED UP AT 130+MPH.
THE BELT STARTED TO SAW THE SHAFT AT THAT SPEED.

I have had the same happen on my Viper... Could you expalain how that happens???? I'm not sure i understand... The belt should be fully shifted out at that speed away from the shaft????

The pattern that the belt left showed the secondary closed immediately. 1 swirl mark on the primary, and the hot spot.

Great job Mike!!!

Nice run Mike. I've got my fingers crossed that the weather will be decent tomorrow so we can run.

If there's a rainout, we may have a test and tune on June 3rd. I wonder if my fiance will get mad if I get some runs in before the wedding?

pro116 said:
A wedding planned during race season? J/K Bud ;)!

Yeah, tell me about it. Can't do it in the fall because of hunting season, not durring the winter because of snowmobiling, early spring is out because of trout season, later in the summer is when racing really picks up. That only leaves 1 or 2 weekends, so I said "whatever works better for you honey"

I'm certainly not telling her we are coming back from the honeymoon on Saturday so I can go to the track on Sunday. That would be a bad idea.

I'm doing it for the money anyway (lol), so I guess I can give up a little time.
:jump:

Congrats on the wedding and racing, if the bride is waiting on the finishing line times may improve as well, then it's hurry to the chappel of love :)

congrats mike, i don't think mid eights will be a problem matt, mike has the boost set pretty low right now. hey mikey,...lose the skirt and giver a few more turns, lol jeff

Back