• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results "2006"

Buster get them 60 foot times down and put some boost to her. If you need some clutching help, give me a call.

Well, just came in from the garage, and have very bad news..........

Cylinder 1 and 2 have melted pistons, cracks in the cylinder on each side of the exhaust ports, and also holes in both cylinders, right where the piston stops at TDC, same side as exhaust. Never saw that before! And a hole thru the side of the piston exposing the rings. Cylinder 3 is perfect, and has no sign of a lean condition.

So what to do now? :o| #$%&* #$%&* #$%&*

Attachments

• srx1.jpg
    srx1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 98
  • srx2.jpg
    srx2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 91
  • srx2a.jpg
    srx2a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 118
That was some deto, you must have been lean on those cylinders. I hope you can repair the cylinders and get the srx together again soon.

custom cylinders with some special porting, hope they can fix them, or otherwise it will be switched to a 1000.
This was "the would have been 8 second pass".

The only good thing is you know where your jetting has to be. Good luck, are or were you coming to esta this year.

NOS-PRO - Too bad she did not hold up to the finishing line.....

Do you have any more info on a SRX1000. I'm asking cause my brother in law consider modding his SRX going up from stock 800 to prostock 1000 classes.

adirondac blue said:
The only good thing is you know where your jetting has to be. Good luck, are or were you coming to esta this year.

Man, with my son getting sick last September, I was finally getting caught up on bills. This puts me in the hole again. Depends on the money and gas situation.

If any of you guys are looking for a gram scale I picked this one up yesterday while I was at Harbor Freight. I weighed up a few sets of weights when I got home and it was DEAD on I kept switching out weights to see how consistant it was and it was 100% perfect on re-trys (meaning 53.2 was 53.2 on 6 or more trys for the same weight it never missed) It's also only $12.99. See you guys at ESTA, Terry get that thing back together and get out here to NY!! Mike nice numbers at NYIRP, the girls want to get back out there. Doug

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/ite ... emid=93543

Attachments

• 93543.gif
    93543.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 96
Doug,
Hope to get out this weekend to NYIRP (i will let you know...), and i got one of those scales a couple weeks ago. Works great...
Terry, i agree with doug, hope you can get that thing back togeather soon and hope to see you in NY at the pro sled shootout...

--Buster696--

NOS-PRO said:
custom cylinders with some special porting, hope they can fix them, or otherwise it will be switched to a 1000.

Ther is no way you'd get 1000cc out of a stock cylinder or crank. You'd have to go with a HTG cylinder or a Price cylinder. Your looking at 4K to 6K for a motor alone.

Terry talk to allen about 1000cc SRX's. He has an Intammassi Build 1000cc SRX. It's been nothing but head aches. If I was you I'd call jeff and see if he's got some 780SRX stuff he wants to bromm for cheap or look online for a 780 motor else were. 1000cc is a bad idea.

rxrider said:

Do you have any more info on a SRX1000. I'm asking cause my brother in law consider modding his SRX going up from stock 800 to prostock 1000 classes.

Haven't really checked on a 1000, but sounds like a fun setup. The 780 of Tyler's ol' girl really rocks out, so I might stay with it, and fix my whoopsi.

After investigating, I noticed that the fuel tank only has a little bit of fuel in it. I think with the g-force, the fuel was forced back to the rear of the tank, and might have played a role in the nasty mess you see. I had it filled to the rim, but always do a big burnout to get the track to hook, and also, nobody to pull me up the starting line, which all takes fuel. Tyler used to be pushed up to the burnout box, do a slight scrub, and then stage. Just too much for the little tank to supply the engine. Cause why wouldn't the 3rd piston be that way? It is perfect and has no signs of heat or wear. Same nitrous jetting and carb settings, but the lines to the magneto (good) cylinder are longer for the nitrous and fuel lines, so?????????????

Hope to get it back running soon, cause I would like to go. I miss you guys!

dirkdiggler said:
NOS-PRO said:

Ther is no way you'd get 1000cc out of a stock cylinder or crank. You'd have to go with a HTG cylinder or a Price cylinder. Your looking at 4K to 6K for a motor alone.

Terry talk to allen about 1000cc SRX's. He has an Intammassi Build 1000cc SRX. It's been nothing but head aches. If I was you I'd call jeff and see if he's got some 780SRX stuff he wants to bromm for cheap or look online for a 780 motor else were. 1000cc is a bad idea.

Jason, I knew that the stock cylinders would never be turned into a 1000. I just thought if the price was too high to fix, I would spend the money towards a 1000 whole motor of some sort.

Looks like all the calling I did last night to Tyler, Ryan, Allen, and a couple other members, we might come out pretty good on the repair parts.

rxrider said:

rxrider, there's a few ways to go about making a 1000cc srx/viper based motor.

I have one built by Iantomassi Track N Trail that uses a Ski Doo 670 crank with another throw added onto it to make it a three cylinder. The cases are then line bored for the bearing areas and alot of grinding on the top side of them to flow into the Price/Iantomassi cast cylinders. The bore & stroke on this is 78 x 70 (same as a Ski Doo 670 on both bore & stroke so pistons are easy to get). You could also do this by stroking the stock crank to 70mm as well. This combination makes 250+ hp at 9300 rpm and 120+ ft lbs of torque. There were some growing pains with this combination as there is in building any engine. I wouldn't be afraid to build one again now.

Price Performance offers a kit that uses the stock stroke and a cast cylinder up to 83.5mm bore. This will create a HP range in the 9900 to 10,000 rpm area and have less torque, but some are using it with great success as well.

rxrider said:

I wish it would have made it at least to the return road, as I had to push it the rest of the way, cause thay had the next set of bikes coming down the track.

I wish, would have been a nice timeslip for you guys.

Back