• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

backfire after releasing throttle ???

I have eight (8) new exhaust donuts here right now if someone needs some to get them up and going. I sell them for $9 each + shipping. Also Excell Motorsports is working on aftermarket Y-pipes that will be much stronger than the stock Y-pipes as well!

Srxspec said:
Excell Motorsports is working on aftermarket Y-pipes that will be much stronger than the stock Y-pipes as well!

Allen....wow,this would be a life saver for us i think.....and excell can probably do very well on a aftermarket Y pipe.....

any ideas when these might come available?....I assume they would be Stainless??.....

it would be nice if they could redesign a NEW connection,so the DONUTS last longer too!....if anyone can do it,excell can!

thanks for info
dan

Srxspec said:
I have eight (8) new exhaust donuts here right now if someone needs some to get them up and going. I sell them for $9 each + shipping. Also Excell Motorsports is working on aftermarket Y-pipes that will be much stronger than the stock Y-pipes as well!

Wow!!! 9$ each donuts,i just did mine and i pay 16.01$ each donuts,i feel like i have been steal.

How much you Canadian pay your donuts?

Nice to hear someone is making aftermarket pipe. If it solves donut wear Im going to purchase them as soon as avaible. I plan on keeping my attak for a while. I hate being stuck waiting for parts when theres snow on ground. Sled is parked 8-9 months a year already.

SledFreak said:
and more hp?

Yes, and these will be adding a few more ponies as well.

ROCKERDAN said:
Allen....wow,this would be a life saver for us i think.....and excell can probably do very well on a aftermarket Y pipe.....

any ideas when these might come available?....I assume they would be Stainless??.....

it would be nice if they could redesign a NEW connection,so the DONUTS last longer too!....if anyone can do it,excell can!

thanks for info
dan

Dan, these pipes will be out of very rugged stainless. They may weigh a pound or two more, but they will last. I sent Excell a spare set of Y-pipes I had 2 weeks ago and they are working on them now. I believe Excell is shooting for the $400 area for the Y-pipes with new donuts, etc.

I should maybe take a breather cause right now im too pissed. I ordered donuts monday suppose to be here today but just been told there back ordered. My sled is dissambled awaiting new donuts that will only arrive in god knows when. To hell with the donuts and to hell with the pipes. Winter is ticking away. Im not sitting on my #*$&@ while my buddy are out riding. I dont care the costs either and if excell doesnt actually make a fix that lasts longer, I might just kiss my attak good bye. Im happy that i can do the mechanical work myself i cant even imagine what the labour cost would be at dealer. Man is this thing an overkill to work on. I cant beleive im saying this but a crossfire 700 sonds mighty appealing right now.

I think my blood pressure dropped back to normal now. In all seriousness working on attak is not that bad, alot to dissasemble to get to donuts but nothing too overwhelming. Now that ive gotten to donuts once, next round will be easier. at 5000 km all four donuts were shot only wire showing. I dont know if this will do the job but like i said before, i dont care anymore, im sledding. I put a heavy dose of ultra copper on remaining donuts(only wire now). I modified clamps by grinding metal stoppers. I also put clamps in a vice, squeezing the v shaped portion for a tighter fit. When i tightened clamp i could acually tighten it without being able to hit stoppers. it pulled pipe towards flex a good 1/4 inch further then it was before. Im just crossing fingers that it will be good enough so that the end of flex pipe wont wear into the Y pipe. Im letting sled sit till tommorow so that the ultra copper will fully cure. Time for some beer.
:drink:

Did anyone have flames comeing out tailpipes also when backfireing ????

Yep, you will get some flames. Looks cool but indicates a problem with the doughnuts.
I had to replace mine at 7100 miles, pipes cracked as well.

i just found out that all dounts for canadian dealers are backordered till March 26 ... :o| :o| = :drink:

What do you guys think is causing this? I had my first backfire this weekend after a couple of 1/2 mile races when I let off the throtle. I had just raced a loudmouth on a Polaris 4 Stroke Turbo who said he was 75 /0... what a goof. I guess he's 75/1.

I rode all weekend and no backfire. Even when sled is idling i cant hear the exhaust leaking from beneath the tank like it did before. My band aid solution is holding on so far. :jump:

Back