• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Tunnel Saver & Repair Kit - reinforces or repairs the front skid mount in tunnel

What color "saver" plates would you buy?

• Natural Aluminum

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Black

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Red

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
I've now developed a kit that will reinforce the front skid mounting area of the tunnel. There have been reports of tunnels cracking, severely mangled tunnels due to cross shaft shears, and egged holes due to bolts coming loose. This kit will help address all of these issues. It can be used to reinforce and preserve a good tunnel or used as a repair option for a tunnel already compromised. The outer plate is large enough that it should hide any weld repairs, dents, tears ect to the tunnel and provide a clean finish.

IMG_2367.jpg
IMG_2368.jpg

Nice to have someone like you designing things like this, to help save our precious riding time.

Travis, does the RR have a extra plate here or is it same on tunnel as our winders?

Any chance a smaller plate to fit within the impression would be enough? With my red tunnel I think this might be abit large looking.

To use the large plate I have a shim plate that fits in the pocket as shown. I have been thinking of just offering the small plate for extra reinforcement on a non compromised tunnel. This would essentially be saver, and then the large plate would be more for those that have a damaged tunnel as a form of repair if tunnel.

I'm thinking I would just make the small plates out of steel and powdercoat them black.

IMG_2388.jpg

Travis, I would definitely buy the smaller plate in aluminum from you. Offer it unpainted as well as powder coated. There’s a lot of bare aluminum tunnels out there (mine is unpainted). The prototypes look great!!

Why wouldn't you stay with aluminum Travis?
This plate spreads the force over a much larger area, so would aluminum be sufficient?
MS

The larger "repair plate" would definitely stay aluminum.

Since I don't have to form the small "saver" plate I could use a 6000 series aluminum instead of a softer series. Strength on a 6000 series is almost comparable to steel. Ok, you guys talked me into sticking with aluminum for the saver plate as well. ;)!

As for finish I will offer it natural and powdercoated black.

Love the smaller aluminum unit! Looks great!

Travis.....

With the smaller saver plate(alum) will we then need longer bolts then stock?

If A guy was to use the RR shaft/bolts ect.....are they the correct length bolts for this save plate?

How bout a red powdercoat? ;)

Thnx
Dan

HaHa. Dan, i didn't want to be the first to ask for colors so thank you! Travis, I'll take a set in "Yammi Blue"! And will the cross shaft be powder coated as well?

Definitely interested in the smaller plate powder-coated in black (and it wouldn't corrode if made from aluminum). As someone who rides fairly hard, this would be welcomed in supporting any hard loads the suspension sees.

HaHa. Dan, i didn't want to be the first to ask for colors so thank you! Travis, I'll take a set in "Yammi Blue"! And will the cross shaft be powder coated as well?

Yes the cross shaft sleeve will be powdercoated finish.

As for the plates, I will look into colors. Maybe on the first go around I can offer select colors if I get enough orders. They are such small pieces, so set up fee for switching colors make make it a bit expensive if I don't have a large quantity to do.

I will add a poll to the thread to track the color interest.

Travis.....

With the smaller saver plate(alum) will we then need longer bolts then stock?

If A guy was to use the RR shaft/bolts ect.....are they the correct length bolts for this save plate?

How bout a red powdercoat? ;)

Thnx
Dan

I need to work through the bolt lengths yet to decide if longer bolts are needed. Don't think there will be any issues for guys that opt for my cross shaft saver beings the end point of bolt is not critical. If using the RR shaft I will have to check to see if the bolt end point being .125 inches shorter falls right where the collar meets.

Back