• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt or clutch issue

Stone9

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Just put on brand new belt. Washed it and scrubbed it with a nail brush. Ran it a little today but never wide open. Just some rooting in drifts. pulled back into the garage and the primary and secondary were hot to the touch but not super hot. is this because of the new belt or is it because of the clutches slipping due to improper tuning. I am running 14.5's with a 47 degree helix just as Turk informed me to (RIP you are missed).

wouldn't hurt to get a clutch alignment tool and check it. mine was off and so was my buddys. both nytros.

nope clean as it should be and no belt dust

I had similar issues with my Nytro's until I installed vents to cool it down. It also increased the belt life.

I removed the foam insulation on the side panel, installed two vents in the front and one on the side. Drilled holes in the top pod cover panel. Big difference!

put some miles on that new belt then check for heat, new belts slip alot and will generate some heat on the clutches, check em again after putting 50-60 breakin miles. also the 14.5mm rollers do put on alot more clamping force on the primary, and the 47* helix does shift out faster so that could be playing a factor, I think its just a combo of the three things. just get out there and ride and not worry about how hot the clutches get!

Back