• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Question

BOUNTYHUNTER

Staff member
I recently installed my ECP KIT, and must say I love all the new found power of the kit. I keep tweaking it and it just keeps making more power everytime out.

Here is my question, I rode last weekend when it was -45 cel with windshield which was even higher while rocketing down the trails. I never gave much thought to the oil, which built up a little pressure and pushed it out the breather. I lost a total of 4oz's all over the inside of the hood, side panel and clutches. Major clutch slippage of course, How the heck do you get the drive belt clean.

I have washed that belt now in hot soapy water 3 times & wiped it down 4 times with Isopropanol. That thing still slips and I pulled both clutches twice, washed and wiped clean. That belt only had 80 miles on it and I hate to toss it, but it doesn't look good.

Any of you guys that had this problem able to salvage your belt, What's the trick?

Do you have the EVAC installed? That belt might have absorbed oil into it and you might have to toss it, or keep it as a spare for emergencies :?

Bob Miller said:
Do you have the EVAC installed? That belt might have absorbed oil into it and you might have to toss it, or keep it as a spare for emergencies :?

Just ordered one.

I was just looking at my tool box and saw my can of Carb cleaner, I'll try that then the Brake cleaner. I really got nothing to lose at this point.

Scrub it with a stainless steel wire brush, do each side all the way around 4-5 times then wipe it off with brake clean and wash in hot soapy water.

Bountyhunter said:
I recently installed my ECP KIT, and must say I love all the new found power of the kit. I keep tweaking it and it just keeps making more power everytime out.

Here is my question, I rode last weekend when it was -45 cel with windshield which was even higher while rocketing down the trails. I never gave much thought to the oil, which built up a little pressure and pushed it out the breather. I lost a total of 4oz's all over the inside of the hood, side panel and clutches. Major clutch slippage of course, How the heck do you get the drive belt clean.

I have washed that belt now in hot soapy water 3 times & wiped it down 4 times with Isopropanol. That thing still slips and I pulled both clutches twice, washed and wiped clean. That belt only had 80 miles on it and I hate to toss it, but it doesn't look good.

Any of you guys that had this problem able to salvage your belt, What's the trick?

It's stories like this that get me backpeddling about the ECP kit! :shock:
I'm really not interested in potential problems with an otherwise very reliable sled ;)!

Totally not the kits fault!

As a matter of fact it did it's job 100%, due to the EXTREME COLD was what caused the problem in the first place.

I should have been running 0 Weight Oil or Semi or Full Syn Oil in those Temps, In which I will change tomorrow.

The Kit has been flauless up to now, Pretty simple though if you don't want it don't buy it. There are many many many did I say Many after market performance up grades for all sleds. Some work some don't, for your dollar this ECP KIT REALLY WORKS. Don't take my word on it, just look what Forum were on. RX/RS ECP has it's own fourm ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

H.A.N.D.

It's stories like this that get me backpeddling about the ECP kit! :shock:
I'm really not interested in potential problems with an otherwise very reliable sled ;)![/quote] :ORC Why would you think the ECP kit caused this? This could have happened with a stock sled at -45c. Extreme cold temps plays havoc on any vehicle, stock or modified so don't blame a kit you know nothing about, blame the weather! :ORC

BVER FEVER 4STROKE STYLE said:
Hey Bountyhunter, will you be riding this weekend? If I see that shiny sled of yours at one of the shacks I hope you won't mind if I stop you and pick your brain about your ECP kit. 8)

We will be out from Friday night till Sunday night, and would be more than happy to show you my sled with all the up grades. If you have ANY questions on the RX1 I would be happy to sit down and talk sleds. You can even try my hopped up Warrior out, If you even stratch it I will kill you though :D

I won't ask to drive it (cause #*$&@ happens & I don't want to be there when it does) but mabey we could line up have a little race, if you win & win big I will be on the phone with Matt before the sun goes down and place my order. :flag: ;)! I just need to justify it. (this way I won't feel so guilty when my wife asks what I bought now). 8)

Bountyhunter said:
Totally not the kits fault!

As a matter of fact it did it's job 100%, due to the EXTREME COLD was what caused the problem in the first place.

I should have been running 0 Weight Oil or Semi or Full Syn Oil in those Temps, In which I will change tomorrow.

The Kit has been flauless up to now, Pretty simple though if you don't want it don't buy it. There are many many many did I say Many after market performance up grades for all sleds. Some work some don't, for your dollar this ECP KIT REALLY WORKS. Don't take my word on it, just look what Forum were on. RX/RS ECP has it's own fourm ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

H.A.N.D.

Well! If you would have mentioned these few details I would have a better understanding of why this happened :D But under the circumstances I've learned something 8) Isn't that why we are all here? Thanks for the feedback :D

Why would you think the ECP kit caused this? This could have happened with a stock sled at -45c. Extreme cold temps plays havoc on any vehicle, stock or modified so don't blame a kit you know nothing about, blame the weather! :ORC[/quote]

BVER, Don't assume that I know nothing about this kit :shock: I've been working on motorcycles, ATV's, cars, snowmobiles, boats, and anything that has an engine on it for over 35 years, and I'm interested in this kit! I have been asking many questions about it and I'm looking into the feedback of people that have installed it! If you don't mind :?

Back