• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt ride hight

ricks-rocket

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 yamaha sidewinder srx le eps
This is how the belt sits in the secondary clutch. Brand new 2021 sidewinder srx. I think something is wrong here 0 miles on belt. My apex sat flush.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 113

Put straight edge across clutches push down in middle should be inch to inch and a quarter, might not come to top of secondary, make sure right belt, to tight no reverse. If loose shim up secondary.

Attachments

• 499028C3-ABDB-4027-96ED-9528191AA79B.jpeg
    499028C3-ABDB-4027-96ED-9528191AA79B.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 267241F2-0F9B-491F-916E-B6603F668CED.jpeg
    267241F2-0F9B-491F-916E-B6603F668CED.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 113
Ok will check again but seems to be very loose. I can spin it around whole assembly I have been running the sled adjusting my track after studding it when I noticed the belt sitting so low in the secondary. Thinking I have to take a shim out between secondary halves to get it up.

Put the sled on stand , run the clutches through a couple cycles , should really run down trail to get better check

Also if the track is tight , or not spinning freely, the clutches will stop quickly, still in open position

Ok will run some more and watch it cycle through a few times. It is all brand new.

Put the sled on stand , run the clutches through a couple cycles , should really run down trail to get better check
Yep, and let the clutches stop on their own without using the brake.

This is how the belt sits in the secondary clutch. Brand new 2021 sidewinder srx. I think something is wrong here 0 miles on belt. My apex sat flush.

That looks far too low. 19’ and 20’ manuals both say the belt should sit 1.0 mm above or below the top of the sheave. I run my belts right at 0.5-1.0 mm above the sheave. I would check your ‘21 manual first though to see what current spec is, although it shouldn’t have changed from prior years.

Yes that is what the manual says also. I have run the sled quite a bit and that is where the belt is riding. First sidewinder so I thought I would find out before pulling it apart being brand new.

Damn. I know I'm stating the obvious but isn't that supposed to be what the dealer charges for when they prep new sleds? Would make me concerned about what else might not be in spec. Belt is a real obvious one.

Some dealers do it right, too many don't. In my case, I asked them to skip their setup and I did it myself. I don't trust my dealer cuz I've seen too many examples of their work.

I agree the dealer I had acted like it was the first srx they had seen. Has anyone else had to pull a shim from the secondary on a srx.

Also if the track is tight , or not spinning freely, the clutches will stop quickly, still in open position

The clutches stopping in an open position during any circumstances is a recipe for belt blowing if you drive aggressively at all.

Dont touch it. Take it back and have them fix it right.If it was a new car and trans was slipping that would be unacceptable right! Same thing. With the price you paid for your new ride,it should work properly when you get to ride it!

Back