• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent Spindles?

TT said:
Zipperno said:

Just pull the TIG welder out and weld them on - that would defenatly beef up the spindels. And it would look good too ;)!

That is possible...

First I need to get them straight, and a plate welded on the outside wont help alot. Need to look into how to make them stronger...

Zipperno said:

Perhaps they are, I'm not even sure as to how they mount to the spindle. Either way, guys have been tweaking spindles since 08. Yamaha revised the spindles in 09 and I thought I read on here that they were supposed to be stronger, not quite sure though. PM 08NitroRTX (Jeff) and ask him, he went all through this in his prep for the IronDog race back in 2008. ;)!

Ok so the spindles are bent and will have to be replaced in the future but what should I replace them with or what can I replace them with? Its an 08 so can I get 09-10 spindles that have the new geometry?

yamahaboy701 said:
Ok so the spindles are bent and will have to be replaced in the future but what should I replace them with or what can I replace them with? Its an 08 so can I get 09-10 spindles that have the new geometry?

I think a-arms and spindle differs from 08 to 09. So thats going to be expensive.....

Maybe zbroz or Timbersled complete front end with spindles?? Arnt they around $900 for a kit??

Zipperno said:
yamahaboy701 said:

I think a-arms and spindle differs from 08 to 09. So thats going to be expensive.....

Maybe zbroz or Timbersled complete front end with spindles?? Arnt they around $900 for a kit??

But the real question with TS or zbroz is are they any stronger? I believe the zbroz kit is stronger then the TS kit but stock **looks** stronger then both of them. I am really considering a 09-10 RTX/XTX front end not only for it being stronger then the aftermarket front ends but also make it less tipsy.

I see above people say it could be the power coating and the heat being applied to them during the process. I don't think that is the cause because there is a 08 Nytro RTX next to mine in the garage right now with similar miles ~3000 and had the same powercoating/powercoater at the same time as mine and they are straight as an arrow.

Boy between my a-arms, spindles, and subframe this front end is gone. Only thing good are the ball joints which is ironic! Also I have owned yamahas since I have been 12 years old and never had this many things go bad in one season. I am pretty sure I could jump my viper off a cliff while on fire and it would hold up better then this thing!

yamahaboy701 said:
Zipperno said:
yamahaboy701 said:

But the real question with TS or zbroz is are they any stronger? I believe the zbroz kit is stronger then the TS kit but stock **looks** stronger then both of them. I am really considering a 09-10 RTX/XTX front end not only for it being stronger then the aftermarket front ends but also make it less tipsy.

I see above people say it could be the power coating and the heat being applied to them during the process. I don't think that is the cause because there is a 08 Nytro RTX next to mine in the garage right now with similar miles ~3000 and had the same powercoating/powercoater at the same time as mine and they are straight as an arrow.

Boy between my a-arms, spindles, and subframe this front end is gone. Only thing good are the ball joints which is ironic! Also I have owned yamahas since I have been 12 years old and never had this many things go bad in one season. I am pretty sure I could jump my viper off a cliff while on fire and it would hold up better then this thing!

I would think the zbroz front end is strong and maybe evne less tippy than a stock 09.... The spindles on the zbroz alsp look pretty tough.

Timbersled is very lightweight and maybe not so strong. Made mostly for powder.

Cheapest option is to straighten the stock spindle and beef it up.

Was in contact with zbroz today, they are making a new batch for this winter. When they are gone(and they go quick) it wont be available until next winter.

Zipperno said:
Was in contact with zbroz today, they are making a new batch for this winter. When they are gone(and they go quick) it wont be available until next winter.

I called them last week and they told me the same thing about availability. I really wish I could hear more about the zbroz front ends. They are selling them but I only have found one person on TY with one. hmmm zbroz front end with some eXit shocks sounds like a good setup$$$

Here is the TY guys write up on the zbros front end...
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ight=zbroz

none of them will be stronger than the stockers....

however, the subframe is clearly a weak thing on them!!!

the spindles are INTENSELY strong...but somehow you bent them...and since I didnt bend them, I KNOW it takes some skills to do that!! I bow to your product testing ability!!!

Spindles

Ive gone through 2 sets of spindles,, bent and the lower a-arm mounting points were starting to tear.. Absolute garbage material its like a cast aluminum I think in 09 they changed the material..
I finally went with West Coast sleds front end he uses billet 6061 spindles, TS uses chromolly tubing..

Re: Spindles

jrusher said:
Ive gone through 2 sets of spindles,, bent and the lower a-arm mounting points were starting to tear.. Absolute garbage material its like a cast aluminum I think in 09 they changed the material..
I finally went with West Coast sleds front end he uses billet 6061 spindles, TS uses chromolly tubing..

How do you like your WCS front end? How many miles do you have on it?

Re: Spindles

yamahaboy701 said:
jrusher said:

How do you like your WCS front end? How many miles do you have on it?

Its been good,, its basically a timber knock-off with better spindles. It measured alittle wider too from 39'' stock to 41.5" Have about 500 miles on it..

Back