• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best steering components

prowler01

I've got a 2007 Phazer Mountain with steering play like you read about. I called my local dealer, and explained the steering play. He asked me to check if the steering idler arm nut recall had been completed? It had not. He insisted that this would fix the entire steering problem so I installed the kit (which includes new collars). The steering idler arm play still remains the same?! It seems that the upper washers, Upper bushings allow about 2mm of play. This whole bottom junction is extremely sloppy both vertically and horizontally!

I'm sure there is some sort of aftermarket kit, or something of the sort to take out this play?? What solutions are out there? Is just ordering Yamaha parts the way to go or is there another recommendation??

Prowler

Check the FAQ sticky. All the answers are there including better replacement bushings for those collars, inner tie rods and better rod ends to replace the dog bone from steering post to pivot and the upper link. My steering is tighter than a brand new show room Phazer!

And that recall was just to replace the bolts for those collars to add a cotter pin but it also included the same useless plastic collars.

UP Bushings

Perfect, but how do you get a hold of this guy? I looked but could not find a phone number or e-mail address?

Just send him a PM.

total night and day difference between the upbushman kit and stock tightens it up like crazy. Also check for loose bolts in the setup there are like 14 joints in the steering system when I took my 07 apart I fount 2 crazy loose bolts.

UP Bushings

I've tried to PM this fellow but received nothing back. Does anyone have any other ways to contact him for his components?

Prowler

Well, he is a sledder like us so he might be riding. It's just a home business. He's usually pretty quick.

Back