• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Biggest mistake of my life

Likely cause of something puncturing the gas tank?This is an offroad vehicle&if that was the case it's a serious design flaw &requires protection from the mfg to prevent this.definetly don't let this be.So sorry that's horrible
I work in the auto industry and fires are looked into and if a design flaw like anything can puncture a fuel tank then something needs to be designed to prevent it. I would be all over this with NSHTA which I am sure would be very interested in this fire. Any kind of thermal event is huge safety concern. I bet the news also would be interested in this story to follow. Do not let them get away with this.

Happyish ending.

Finally heard back from the regional sales manager from Polaris who I bought the machine from. He hadn’t cashed my check yet and said they were taking care of it internally and as far as they’re concerned I’m free to go purchase another machine of my choice but he hopes I will stick with Polaris.
So my dealer is putting the accessories I want on the YXZ, wife is dropping him off a check and my buddy is going to pick up when it’s ready so it will be in my garage by the time I get back from Ohio.
Guess I should have read the whole thread before commenting. :o|
Glad to read about the outcome and everyone was safe.
These stories about huge
corporations trying to weasel out of something their fault just upsets me.
:yam:

Last edited:
My guess is by denying the claim and then "handling it internally" they avoided alot of problems for themselves that they would have had if they admitted fault in the claim.

Forgot to share this one with you guys from last week when I was home. Got to play with the YXZ a little around the house but never made it out to the trails. So far seems like a fun little buggy but won't get any more time in it until next season. Back to the Sidewinder for now.

IMG_22112018_104332_(400_x_300_pixel).jpg

Good ending to a threatening thread

Back