• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bingo Fuel!

revster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro RTX SE
Just got back from West Yellowstone. I rode in with the fuel light on 3 out of 5 days but on this day the engine surged 200 yards from the pump, but made it. It turns out I was on fumes.....

Attachments

• Fuel.jpg
    Fuel.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 64

I've been in the same boat. Pumped 27.9 liters one day after going 22km on the fuel light. Haha!

Yeah the Nytro may have a small tank but every drop appears to be accessible by the pump. ;)!

Don't forget that's smaller than a imperial gallon...

Trail tank isn't perfect but it beats running out of fuel.

canoehead said:
Don't forget that's smaller than a imperial gallon...

Yeah the capacity is 7.4 US gallons or it appears my tank hold 7.429

I just bought a 2009 Nytro RTX and I can get about 160KM per tank. How about you guys? I ran out on my second ride at 164... opppsssyy

pay2play said:
Yup, good catch. Made my parents proud on that one! :o|

dont worry I had to look twice at the intent of the pick (I have an attack so if it would have said 10 plus gallons would have been a clue for me)...but on a side note. Middle of no where and out of gas.... $7 a gallon aint to bad....lol

I put 7.3 in this winter. Had the light on for 10 mi. Was getting a little nervous.

I put 7.3 in this winter. Had the light on for 10 mi. Was getting a little nervous.

I usually pull the sleeve at the top when I fill to get it right to the top. Every litre counts. Have to do it right before you ride though or some will flow out due to expansion.

I have put 7.2 gal. in my 2013 Nytro XTX several times, I have never thought I would run out, because where I ride the most I'm always with in 60 miles of fuel. When I am any where near fuel, I make sure to fill up. It looks like the price of fuel there in West Yellowstone was $3.70 a gal. Not too bad, compared to what we have been paying here in Michigan.

Back