• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost is great, gas mileage not so much

mmaman207

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Attak Stage 1 MPI , 06 Apex Mtn Boondocker Race Gas Turbo.
Just had my first ride on my boosted apex...loved it! Im addicted for sure. Now... problem is fuel range. Does anybody know of a company making gas caddies for the attak?? I need more fuel onboard!! Appreciate any help fellas.

Super chargers are hard on fuel. That's the great part about turbos. You can be riding down the trail at 50 mph at zero boost.

What are you getting for MPG? I get around 12 at 5lbs. Sometimes better just depends on my thumb.

Come on Vince, Who wants only 5lbs of boost. I'm turbocharged and with 14lbs boost, 8.5 gallons of fuel, i'll get 100 miles out of a tank. We did not buy boost for fuel mileage. Do the rev tank mod and a couple more gallons of fuel.

Wanted to stay out of the motor. I think to do it right at 10lbs one should go with pistons to remain on pump fuel. Plus I wanted to keep my mpg within reason. Thinking on going to 10lbs this season though.

When I extended my attak to a 144, I installed a gas rack in the back. I carry a fuel can with me.

Roest said:
That's the great part about turbos. You can be riding down the trail at 50 mph at zero boost.

I wish, When I'm running down the trail at 50-60mph my sled holds a pretty constant 3-5psi of boost with my turbo, just drinking fuel like there is no tomarrow.

I know what you're saying. Someone needs to come up with a supercharger that is coupled by an electromagnetic clutch (like an auto ac compressor) in conjunction with an air bypass system. Everything controlled by a simple switch. Off for cruising, and on for fun!!

Have been gone for a while... sorry for the late reply.... but Im getting 10MPG right on the money... which isnt terrible..... I can live with it for sure.

Powershot...what do you mean by a bypass valve and 2" Vac???

Here is my plan over the summer. Hack up the seat customize and have a total of 15 gallons on board. Plumb it to suck the rear tank first then the main tank. Its a 5 gal rev race tank.

Downside I lose my storage but am toying with a back pack or extending the sled and putting a bag on the tunnel extension.

Attachments

• Tank placement.jpg
    Tank placement.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Seat will sit flush with small mods.jpg
    Seat will sit flush with small mods.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 60
Nice Idea Kinger..... I like it.

I think I will go for a fuel caddy..... where can I get exhaust turnouts??

Back