• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broke front skid spring

ClutchMaster

HUGE Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper 270 hurricane,
2002 Viper W/162 A.C. skid, SRX pipes &CDI, 780 BB
F50329B3-C1AE-43BB-9E05-0B1439C8D63E.jpeg

Replacing the stock junk a$$ spring with this heavier model, I guess we will see how long this other piece of china garbage lasts.

Close to 5000

Should have gone with a way better spring from Stingray Mods, I believe Bill is the man to talk to and personally I just ordered one of his custom springs 'cause the oem spring is for teeter totter!

I didn’t or the stock junk, it’s aftermarket

With 5000 miles have you ever rebuildt the shock? If not you are most likely only riding on the spring which is part of the cause.

With 5000 miles have you ever rebuildt the shock? If not you are most likely only riding on the spring which is part of the cause.

I rebuild/revalve all my own shocks, trust me my shocks rarely go one season without a rebuild. Every yamaha I own has fox shocks even the older sleds. I didn’t have the special gland removal tool to do the floats up front, so I sent it out last time.
First coil over I have ever broke. These sleds are trash quality, something breaks ever time I go out. Boggy wheel mount broke last time, the shock eyelet the time before that..... it goes on and on.
Just venting my frustrations.

[QUOTE="
First coil over I have ever broke. These sleds are trash quality, something breaks ever time I go out. Boggy wheel mount broke last time, the shock eyelet the time before that..... it goes on and on.
Just venting my frustrations.[/QUOTE]

And I give you credit for being so articulate. RockerDan just goes Grrrr and I have to count r's to know how pissed he is. After teasing you I have to say thanks for all the insights, it is appreciated.

did you ever consider the hygear dual spring kit they offer?
I put one on my viper and loved it

did you ever consider the hygear dual spring kit they offer?
I put one on my viper and loved it

I ran Hygear's dual rate spring with the crossover adjustment on my RTX Nytro and really liked it. I'm thinking about going the same route on my RTX Viper.

Reactions: RTX

Back