• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Burnt sidewinder on trail.

Yeah now, not when it was running.
Hey after seeing this post your sled smelled like oil burning on that last ride we had when you loaded it in the trailer but I have smelled it before on your sled !!! That turbo does make a lot of heat !!!!

Hey after seeing this post your sled smelled like oil burning on that last ride we had when you loaded it in the trailer but I have smelled it before on your sled !!! That turbo does make a lot of heat !!!!
Just swapped out my 21 for a 22 top tooth before that ride, and with no drain hole for the chain case oil, that syn gearlube sticks around smell wise.

I check it out after every weekend race I mean ride. Lol

Just swapped out my 21 for a 22 top tooth before that ride, and with no drain hole for the chain case oil, that syn gearlube sticks around smell wise.

I check it out after every weekend race I mean ride. Lol
That’s right I forgot that you changed your gear !!! Well I might have to pull the trigger going to woodys to talk about the new Srx but if not you will be running up against a 275 hp Apex next year 100 more hp should wake this thing up a little bit !!!

So

Sounds like that same thing could have happened to you Pete.

I realize how hot these winders get when you turn them on the way I do. So I do a lot of after ride checks and maintenance, making sure to keep it clean under the motor, you know, no belt pieces or oil, and just checking for leaks Incase.
Oh yes,Dennis it sure would have cooked me with it,can you imagine running along at 90-100 with a fire going on under the hood,it may be to late by the time you get stopped and jump off.

My first oil change, i let oil soak into the pad under the muffler unbeknownst to me. On my first run, it was smoking & almost caught fire.
I threw snow on it. Luckily i was home so i took off muffler & cleaned WELL.
It would have caught fire in minutes no doubt in my mind!

Pretty sure that was Soupys sled and the belt got hot and poured some lighter fluid on the belt. Enough is enough. Sorry had to !!
That’s just harsh bro! But I’m still laughing because I can’t control myself.

Sorry Soupy.

POOR SOUP!
He's probably laughing harder than us.
I can't get the image of a can of Campbell's soup on fire out of my head now...
Firery Soup or 850? Either way you need a shrink!
Lol

55FF57A5-49ED-4F6E-91C6-BDBA2B582D78.jpeg
a friend from work showed me a video last week of his friends sidewinder on fire in mass city michigan, i sure hope this isn't becoming common as i am looking at buying one!
This is photo of sled in Mass City. Was told at the scene that they had just come from gas station two blocks away. Burnt turbo was laying off to the side. Only explosion was the popping sound from each of the four shocks.

Bust out the weenies!

Back