• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can i run 0w-30 mobile one

I've had Mobil 1 0w-30 in my '10 Vector since the 500 mile initial oil change. It now has 1,500 miles.

No problems, however I did add 1/2 bottle of ZDDP in though because I noticed that the Mobil 1 0w-30 is "Energy Conserving" meaning it has less anti-sheer/high pressure additives.

granto211 said:
0w-30 is what im worried about i have 1w -30 in it now

Umm... no such thing as 1w30. You must mean 10w30.

I wouldn't worry. Yea, it's a hair thicker in freezing temps vs a 0w oil, but it won't hurt anything. Might take a couple extra minutes for the light to go off on the dash when warming up, but that's it.

Do you know why Yamaha recommends 0W 30 semi synthetic and 0W 40 full synthetic? Should they not both be 0W 30

0w-30 is what the manual calls for isn't it?
Mobil one is all I've used in my Apex. I've used Royal Purple in my XTX's with no issues also. There's too many arguments about oil brands, my suggestion is to just pick a good brand name and stick with it.
I use Mobil 1 only because (1) its still a very good oil. (2) You can usually find it at any WalMart, which is much easier when traveling that locating some other performance oils, let alone late on a Saturday night when youre hundreds of miles from home... :)

nate007 said:
0w-30 is what the manual calls for isn't it?
Mobil one is all I've used in my Apex. I've used Royal Purple in my XTX's with no issues also. There's too many arguments about oil brands, my suggestion is to just pick a good brand name and stick with it.
I use Mobil 1 only because (1) its still a very good oil. (2) You can usually find it at any WalMart, which is much easier when traveling that locating some other performance oils, let alone late on a Saturday night when youre hundreds of miles from home... :)

The manual calls for normal 5W30 .
I use Mobile1 0 w40 synthetic.
Im sure most of us are getting riped off at the dealers saying we must use semie or full synthetic . Also the manual calls for oil filter changes every 20,000km or 12,000 miles

theCATman said:
I've had Mobil 1 0w-30 in my '10 Vector since the 500 mile initial oil change. It now has 1,500 miles.

No problems, however I did add 1/2 bottle of ZDDP in though because I noticed that the Mobil 1 0w-30 is "Energy Conserving" meaning it has less anti-sheer/high pressure additives.

On the bold, Mobil-1 0W-40 European Formula has above average amounts of ZDDP already in it, that is what I am currently using with no issues.

Dont shoot the messenger

I had a dealer tell me that he has had to replace three apex motors this year as they were running mobil 1 oil. Something about it doesn't play well with the oil pump on the apex. He also said not to use an oil that is energy conserving and that mobil 1 is a great car oil but is not designed for what a snowmobile engine endures. I run Yamalube 0w-40 full syn. I might be getting ripped off but the peace of mind to me is worth it and also know that if I have engine problems I wont have to hassle with problem of using mobil 1.

3 Apex motors in 1 year from 1 dealer??? I find that hard to believe. I haven't heard of any Apex motors going.

I use 0W-30 Mobil 1 in my Attak. Just turned 16,400 miles.

Back