• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

Why didn't they go after Polaris also? Same style of frame layout there also.

I just did some yard wheelies on my little DOO then worked on my old (now my buds') Winder so i feel i have carnal knowledge on this subject.
LAWYERS SUCK!
The frames DO look similar so i understand the lawsuit, but TRIANGLES have been known to be strongest solution since long before the Pyramids so i always find some laws hard to swallow.
Don't forget, a COURT actually ruled that SkiDoo could Patent the color Yellow. That one blows my mind. Non-Doo sleds are only allowed to use a certain percentage of Yellow.

I'm hoping Cat/Yamaha come up with a new design instead of bowing out. Maybe some good comes out of this.

The Etec boat motors are very good & DID sell very well. Sometimes big corporations pick a # to hit and when they don't hit that # they say it's a loss.

Lawyers are like Corona..............they suck the fun out of life & cost us $$$.............i'm working 3 days a week..............that gives me 2 days a week to pull yard wheelies

I just did some yard wheelies on my little DOO then worked on my old (now my buds') Winder so i feel i have carnal knowledge on this subject.
LAWYERS SUCK!
The frames DO look similar so i understand the lawsuit, but TRIANGLES have been known to be strongest solution since long before the Pyramids so i always find some laws hard to swallow.
Don't forget, a COURT actually ruled that SkiDoo could Patent the color Yellow. That one blows my mind. Non-Doo sleds are only allowed to use a certain percentage of Yellow.

I'm hoping Cat/Yamaha come up with a new design instead of bowing out. Maybe some good comes out of this.

The Etec boat motors are very good & DID sell very well. Sometimes big corporations pick a # to hit and when they don't hit that # they say it's a loss.

Lawyers are like Corona..............they suck the fun out of life & cost us $$$.............i'm working 3 days a week..............that gives me 2 days a week to pull yard wheelies
Easy Steve, the lawyer that posts on this site often seems like a pretty good guy.
I ride with a lawyer also and he's a great guy and a lot of fun to have in the group.

Absolutely. Reduce patent laws imo, or at least the years of protection! Same as communism in years past. No one wants to drive a Lada car or a Belarus tractor.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Belarus tractors. They were alright. We even had one that I’ll say I liked using. They are a little short on creature comforts compared to other makes of similar vintage

Given how much Alberta dislikes Quebec, I think Cat could approach them to have their sleds secretly shipped into their province from the USA. Dealers could then make arrangements to have the machines dispersed throughout Canada....:)

Instead of discussing the tragedy this will cause Cat not just in Canada but overall the Cat Forum folks are arguing about who is best on the Snow Cross circuit?? :die

Given how much Alberta dislikes Quebec, I think Cat could approach them to have their sleds secretly shipped into their province from the USA. Dealers could then make arrangements to have the machines dispersed throughout Canada....:)
Yes.. better yet.. for Cat to get around this court order just call the pro cross chassis the new immigrant chassis from Cat, then the RCMP in Canada will help carry the chassis across the field at the US border into Canada, Cat will most likely get a rebate on each chassis from Canada's Government.

Hell....the Canadian Government will probably pay the $135.00 per chassis fee that Cat may owe to BRP:dunno:

Paint them yellow and put a Doo Doo sticker on them and then all will be fine. After all if a Doo chassis then they wont know the difference.

Paint them yellow and put a Doo Doo sticker on them and then all will be fine. After all if a Doo chassis then they wont know the difference.
LOL Yes ..they have been painting them blue for years and riders think there Yamaha's, Ba ha ha ha

I don't know about you but I love my 115 hp e-tec outboard..doesn't smoke, very quiet and extremely reliable over the years I have had it, very low maintenance, light on the transom...did I mention quiet?...only issue I have had with it is there are not enough dealers in my area but the one there is IS a very good one in Ashaway Rhode Island.
The Yamaha is a very good outboard also..noisy at high rpm and heavy, but very reliable.
If you check the weight of the 115 hp outboard from Evinrude and Yamaha 115 hp 4 stroke you will see that the Yamaha is lighter. Fact not fiction. In 1974 a 115 hp Evinrude with power tilt and trim weighed 384 lbs todays E-tec is a lot heavier.

There has been Lawsuits among the Manufacturers as long as I can remember. Many are settled with trades for technology. Maybe Doo will get a Alpha skid design? Wasn’t RER some agreement settling another suit between Cat and Doo?

There has been Lawsuits among the Manufacturers as long as I can remember. Many are settled with trades for technology. Maybe Doo will get a Alpha skid design? Wasn’t RER some agreement settling another suit between Cat and Doo?
Idk Alpha would be difficult to to give up that’s a high price. Maybe better to move on to a new trail chassis it’s time anyway.

Have you ever noticed the warning stickers on your brand new sled getting larger and larger over the years? I'm pretty sure that every warning sentence is a result of some idiot hurting themselves and a resulting lawsuit.

Whatever happened to common sense?

New SideWinder warning stickers. Both sides of the cowling:

upload_2020-6-18_19-11-1.png
upload_2020-6-18_19-13-4.png

The sticker from my old '74 GPX:

upload_2020-6-18_19-19-19.png

If you check the weight of the 115 hp outboard from Evinrude and Yamaha 115 hp 4 stroke you will see that the Yamaha is lighter. Fact not fiction. In 1974 a 115 hp Evinrude with power tilt and trim weighed 384 lbs todays E-tec is a lot heavier.
I did check the weights for the 115...I stand corrected there is 7 pounds more weight for my model etc...that settles it then, when this engine blows I'm getting a Yamaha 4 stroke on the back. I always heard that 4. strokes are so much more weight than a 2 stroke in the outboard category, in the instance that rule doesn't apply. the scuppers on my 18' Sea Ox are very close to waterline and a problem with allot of weight on the stern...the e tec came with the boat. The users on this site are very sharp...thanks for the correction. How do you like your RS Venture DX? I just got a STX sidewinder GT and its a great machine...much superior to the Rs Tf I had.

Back