• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

That's what's gonna happen with there 2 stroke snowmobile they have to keep making them bigger cc wise to meet emissions and make the same amount of power. Say what ya want but the 850 doesn't have that much more power than the previous 800's. The emissions are going to keep going down in the future and the 2 strokes will not be able to meet them with any kind of reliability. I think you will see some new 4 strokes from BRP in the future Polaris on the other hand are way behind the 8 ball with there 4 stroke snowmobile engine program. Oh but wait they have sxs engine's they can use in there snowmobile, not there junk and never stay together.

It wouldn't surprise me to someday see a complete ban on engines that burn oil.

I don't think you will see that anytime soon, as long as they keep pumping oil we will be burning it, oil companies control the world as we know it, just look at the Dodge cummins engine for example, when they first came out, they were getting 24-27 mpg in a 3/4 ton 4wd truck that was getting around 10mpg with a old 360 gas, today with there cutting edge tech anywhere from 14-18 with less mileage towing, there at that mileage for a reason, even with the extra power they could easily get 30mpg if they wanted to.

Ya well you don't mix oil with the gas for a Cummins engine either.

Well... it all comes out of the same hole no matter which way you refine it.

Oh Yeah.. next time your at a dealer or hardware store look at the fine selection of 4 stroke chainsaws that on the shelf :o|
They're coming. The four stroke back pack blowers and string trimmers are awesome, and weigh only a small percentage more than the two strokes.

They are already out i have a 4 stroke concrete saw at work, as far as chain saw goes i have an electric one for use around the house works great. I don't make my living logging either so I wouldn't know much about it. But I'm sure you do.

They're coming. The four stroke back pack blowers and string trimmers are awesome, and weigh only a small percentage more than the two strokes.
I have not seen them yet, i kinda like the smoke from the string trimmers helps keep the black fly's from eating you alive.

They are already out i have a 4 stroke concrete saw at work, as far as chain saw goes i have an electric one for use around the house works great. I don't make my living logging either so I wouldn't know much about it. But I'm sure you do.
As a matter a fact I do know, cutting stud wood and running heavy equipment in the woods when I was younger help put me through school.

The way things are going the internal combustion engine will be allowed by only one manufacturer.

:drink:
PATENT A COLOR? Gimmy a break
Useless people, making useless laws.

geez you don’t think the ruling has anything to do with the origin of manufacture?

can you say unfair trade practice?

Maybe we should outlaw Canadian made snowmobiles.... after all the patent originated in Minnesota.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowmobile

it’s not about copying of the chassis, it’s about protecting a Canadian manufacturer.

Last edited:
I moved in October and bought new appliances, furnace and AC , carpet and vinyl plank flooring all in stock. I’m insecure to make any current assembly line purchases for 2020 and 2021 model years. The supply chain was interrupted workers laid off ,who knows how assembly line products quality will suffer. I’ll be happy when we know manufacturing is rocking and rolling again.

I moved in October and bought new appliances, furnace and AC , carpet and vinyl plank flooring all in stock. I’m insecure to make any current assembly line purchases for 2020 and 2021 model years. The supply chain was interrupted workers laid off ,who knows how assembly line products quality will suffer. I’ll be happy when we know manufacturing is rocking and rolling again.
don't worry...all were probably made in Chynah (china)...all this stimulas money so we can buy Chinese products....we're screwed...

Back