• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadians interested in cheaper parts and service?

mytro

Expert
This post will be of very little interest to members on the US side of the border. I am gathering info only. Through one of our current business we been able to make connections to bring in Yamaha OEM parts and other name brand aftermarket products at very fair pricing. Based on info gathered so far, parts on this side of the border are over priced and well service seems to be a thing of the past.

I am just wondering if I'm the only one seeing the need for this on the CDN side. Stocked here and shipped next day.

Nothing is for sale yet and there is no hidden agenda, we will pay our TY dues when we go online.

Example: Upper Ball joints, $129.00 List, $79.99 CND.
Belts $65.00

If this breaks any rules please let me know.. It was not intended...

Thanks

mytro said:
This post will be of very little interest to members on the US side of the border. I am gathering info only. Through one of our current business we been able to make connections to bring in Yamaha OEM parts and other name brand aftermarket products at very fair pricing. Based on info gathered so far, parts on this side of the border are over priced and well service seems to be a thing of the past.

I am just wondering if I'm the only one seeing the need for this on the CDN side. Stocked here and shipped next day.

Nothing is for sale yet and there is no hidden agenda, we will pay our TY dues when we go online.

Belts $65.00

Thanks

I think you are totally right and it would be great if you were able to pull it off however being on the east cost I think shipping costs would be an issue. But I bet the guys close to you would love it.

mytro said:

Belts $65.00

X2!!

Thanks

revster said:
mytro said:

Belts $65.00

Thanks

I think you are totally right and it would be great if you were able to pull it off however being on the east cost I think shipping costs would be an issue. But I bet the guys close to you would love it.

Express post = Two days East to West.. 15% more than regular mail..

It's a good idea but if you do everything by the book I would assume that the import taxes and duties would make the US prices about the same as the Canadian ones. I thought they set it up that way to discourage things like this but that's only a guess. I'm also going to guess that Yamaha would frown upon any US dealers supplying you, the same way they don't want them to sell new sleds to Canadians- but I hope you find a way to make it work.

Don't believe that the OEM parts are subject to duty - you will pay gst / hst same as per your local dealer. Have used US suppliers before with no issues.

YammyRX1 said:
It's a good idea but if you do everything by the book I would assume that the import taxes and duties would make the US prices about the same as the Canadian ones. I thought they set it up that way to discourage things like this but that's only a guess. I'm also going to guess that Yamaha would frown upon any US dealers supplying you, the same way they don't want them to sell new sleds to Canadians- but I hope you find a way to make it work.

We have a good broker, the rest looks after itself.. What will not happen is UPS getting a cent....

mytro said:
revster said:
mytro said:

Belts $65.00

Thanks

Express post = Two days East to West.. 15% more than regular mail..

arm + leg + 15% :o|

Certainly interesting. I would most certainly order stuff if the prices are worth it but that these savings are not eaten up by shipping costs.

Sounds great to me! I'm always looking for the best price and Dealers seem to charge list price only up here. I usually find it cheaper to order from the States, even after shipping and brokerage fees. It's just the length of time it takes to get it to my door. If this is quicker, then I'm in.

Bringing in other name brands is a great idea too, as my next sled may very well not be a Yammy.

Back