• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb question

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I just pulled the carbs off my 03 and cleaned them. Got them put back on and the engine running but I have fuel seeping out of the small port where the screw driver is pointing in the picture. Only on that carb, all the others are fine. What does that mean is wrong.

Attachments

• 47A3219B-DD62-45C9-856C-CF9E73F1A3FF.jpeg
    47A3219B-DD62-45C9-856C-CF9E73F1A3FF.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 233

It has stopped seeping but there is clearly still something wrong. The sled bogs when I rev it up so it looks like I’ll havd to pull them apart again

It has stopped seeping but there is clearly still something wrong. The sled bogs when I rev it up so it looks like I’ll havd to pull them apart again
It's was probably the inlet needle not seating when you first noticed it seeping. That could mean a speck of dirt in the needle or a stuck float. Could be a bad inlet needle assembly o-ring not sealing, letting fuel seep past?

Although unlikely, it's not impossible the float was stuck down; flooding that cylinder, then broke free and stuck up; starving it for fuel - bog. Double check that your float pivot pin is seated properly and check out your needle assembly as well.

Keep us posted on what you find! Hopefully just a fluke and you can hit the snow! :)

Well I completely disassembled the carbs again and checked everything and blew out all the ports in the carb bodies. I checked and cleaned the inlet needle and seat and made sure that the floats were working properly. I put it back on and the same thing is happening. Still seeping on the same carb. Something in the carb is definitely not sealing the fuel from entering the bowl because with the engine off if I lift the slide up fuel comes out the main jet around the needle and drains into the cylinder. Not sure what I have done wrong because it was running good before decided to clean them. Should have left it alone. I even shook all the floats to see if I could hear any liquid in them. Guess I’ll take it apart again and see what I can find

I swapped the float, inlet screen, and inlet/float needle with another carb and now that carb is doing it, not as bad but it still is. So it’s one of those three things that is causing this.

I swapped the float, inlet screen, and inlet/float needle with another carb and now that carb is doing it, not as bad but it still is. So it’s one of those three things that is causing this.
What about the o-ring on that needle and seat you swapped around?

Little story here. Replaced exhaust donuts. Rear of sled is up in the air,way up high. Started sled to make sure exhaust was not leaking. 2 of my carbs were squirting like yours. I scratched my head cause the carbs were rebuilt and synced and ran perfect prior to the exhaust issues. Once i lowered my sleds tail, the gas squirting had stopped, completely. Id bet its the float

Well pulled the carbs off for the fourth time today and swapped only the float from the problem carb, with another carb that has been working fine, and left the needle and seat that is operated with the float, in the problem carb. The carb with the suspect needle and seat in it, is the one leaking so it has to be Either the seat, needle or seat O ring. I will order all three of them.
It idles great but just bogs down and won’t even move. I actually started to suspect the TORS but clearly there’s a needle and seat issue.

Well apparently it wasn’t the needle and seat. New stuff is in and not leaking anymore but it’s still doing the same thing. It Still idles fine but as soon as I hit the throttle to go it bogs and won’t even move. Same as before. I had a similar issue when I installed my handle bar riser and longer throttle cable and it ended up being the throttle cable was
In a goofy position and the tors was acting up. I can’t remember exactly how it acted but I did act in a similar way. When I adjusted the throttle cable correctly the issue went away. I’m not exactly sure how the tors works but I did have a difficult time disconnecting the plug for it. I’m wondering it I buggered up one of the wires in one of the plug ends pulling and wiggling them around. How would I test to see if they are still good.

I just unplugged it to see if there would be a difference in how the engine runs. There wasn't. it just won't idle up enough to move the sled. According to my internet searching it sure sounds like the tors could be the culprit. I will check the throttle cable slack and make sure it's not hung up some where. If it looks fine I will bypass the tors by disconnecting the two bullet connectors and plugging them into their selves. If that doesn't work at least I know it's not the tors causing the issue.

Last edited:
I just unplugged it to see if there would be a difference in how the engine runs. There wasn't. it just won't idle up enough to move the sled. According to my internet searching it sure sounds like the tors could be the culprit. I will check the throttle cable slack and make sure it's not hung up some where. If it looks fine I will bypass the tors by disconnecting the two bullet connectors and plugging them into their selves. If that doesn't work at least I know it's not the tors causing the issue.
Was it running fine before&you cleaned the carbs as routine maint&now it won't rev up?

Yes. It was idling a bit rough but ran great. I cleaned the carbs to help the idle issue out. Now it idles great but won’t rev up. It gets to around 3000 rpm and starts to bog or sputter. If I let off the throttle it goes back to good smooth idle.

Back