• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat grille?

XP123

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder XTX LE 137
I have read a few mixed reviews about the Cat grille on our Winders. Some say it holds less snow and ice and others claim the Yamaha grille holds less. I also read the Cat grille is easier to clean ice and snow off. Anybody have experience with these and what's your thoughts?

I have read a few mixed reviews about the Cat grille on our Winders. Some say it holds less snow and ice and others claim the Yamaha grille holds less. I also read the Cat grille is easier to clean ice and snow off. Anybody have experience with these and what's your thoughts?

I put the Cat grill on mine. The Yamaha grill holds the snow too much.

If you put the Cat grill on, you also need to remove Yamaha's second grill close to the intercooler too.

If you put the Cat grill on, you also need to remove Yamaha's second grill close to the intercooler too.

I installed cat grill also. cat grill is easy to install a prescreen over also

I changed to the cat grill and yes it’s better but it still gets plugged when driving all day in snow dust while hunting your buddy’s lol

I have a Thunder Cat & Sidewinder and the Cat grille stays a lot cleaner I put a Cat grille on

thanks Mike I did see there is another screen behind the outer Winder grille.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this one out...Gene Rogers makes these, straight one screw exchange. This next on my list.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/soundobsessionslloyd/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155928629118967

23550846_10155928630118967_79551597899769260_o.jpg
23826002_10155953356503967_535727465595158532_o.jpg

I did cat grill with outerwears. No snow build up at all.

Those look awesome!!

$379 price tag is a tough pill to swallow!

Seems all the vendors think we are made of money. Most aftermarket stuff is priced outrageously.
Easiest solution is the Cat grill with frogskin over it. NO snow accumulation at all after plowing 2-3 feet of powder all day.

Back