• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Change SW chain case oil???

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Do you really have to split the chain case to change the oil?....WTF
Can't even get a suction tube down the fill hole

Do you really have to split the chain case to change the oil?....WTF
Can't even get a suction tube down the fill hole
Totally unacceptable !!! Its hard to give credit to a lead project engineer of the sled when something like this is so little but so important....really . I see it as part of the "CAT" DNA in the sled...

Last edited:
Coming off ski Doo and it was the same way. I believe that it is their way to promote you to clean and inspect the whole chain case assembly.

Lol IMO this is probably so people take the sled in to the dealer to get the work done, even if it's under warranty you'll usually walk out with something. If the dealer is making money so is the company

Just a heads up, if you are simply slitting the two halves, don't pull the bolts all the way out - you can end up with oil in the bottom bolt holes and then split the casing when you reinsert the bolts and tighten them down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i use a small pump . it works good and you dont have to split the case. eventually you should though to inspect the case. may 2-3 seasons

X2 on suction tube.I use a piece of 1/4" plastic air brake tubing and vacuum pump,a little slow but no mess.At end of season I will pull cover and inspect.

Pulling the cover away from the case, you can do it without unhooking any oil tank lines. Not as bad as it sounds just takes a little extra time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the words right out of my mouth

It's actually pretty easy guys...just saying.

Back