• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing bearings on my bogie wheels

ryan11007

Extreme
Has any 1 changed the bearings on the rear bogie wheels the one that both of them are bolted together? Does not look like there is a circlips or anything. Are they just pressed in or made not to change? I tried to press out. Plastic wheel flexed alot. Thought it was going to break.

Some reason my pictures are too big to upload. 15 viper.

The early tri hubs did not have bearings that were removeable. The newer ones - I think 2016+ have circlips
MS

Has any 1 changed the bearings on the rear bogie wheels the one that both of them are bolted together? Does not look like there is a circlips or anything. Are they just pressed in or made not to change? I tried to press out. Plastic wheel flexed alot. Thought it was going to break.

Some reason my pictures are too big to upload. 15 viper.

I changed my bearings on the rear bogies with no problems in 1000 miles.
Unbolt the two bogie halves and use a hole saw slightly larger OD than the OD of the bearing to cut away the plastic that holds in the bearing and drive old bearing out and new one in. NOTE :Cut away the inside of the bogie so when bolted together the shaft holds the bearings in place.
When drilling use a piece of dowel or broom handle that fits snug in the bearing ID and drill the center of the dowel with the hole saw pilot bit to keep hole saw centered and not jump around.

I changed my bearings on the rear bogies with no problems in 1000 miles.
Unbolt the two bogie halves and use a hole saw slightly larger OD than the OD of the bearing to cut away the plastic that holds in the bearing and drive old bearing out and new one in. NOTE :Cut away the inside of the bogie so when bolted together the shaft holds the bearings in place.
When drilling use a piece of dowel or broom handle that fits snug in the bearing ID and drill the center of the dowel with the hole saw pilot bit to keep hole saw centered and not jump around.

Ok thanks really thought something was up. Guess that's what I'll have to do.

Back