• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch /ExhaustSkis

Sportfury

Extreme
Website
jakesauto.com
Baught a new Attack GT and loooking to do clutch exhaust and what ever I can in bolt ons. I had a Apex Gt . This is my second 4 stroke and would never go back. I tried a Heal Clicker and my Apex and they sucked and drove me crazy. I am looking for some who knows what they are doing. I Dont want to get to loud with the exhaust. I would appreciate any of Good experience of input. Thanks Joe

hello Sportfury
you might want to take a minute and fill out your location etc...

as to heelclickers not working for you..sorry..but I'm sure it wasnt set up properly..

Thanks for the info I live in michigan ride in the UP When I put heal clicker in I set it up the way he saidI. He did sell me on the dual ramp set up and no helix everyone said that is not the one to use in the Yanmaha. Thats why I would like to find someone who knows how to set them up and some good coaching. Nothing is worse than spending money and not getting the results you expected. From what I gather is that you want to get a clutch package not just some of it. Buy the way does 38/20 hammertimes mean. Thanks Joe

Thanks for the info I live in michigan ride in the UP When I put heal clicker in I set it up the way he saidI. He did sell me on the dual ramp set up and no helix. Thats why I would like to find someone who knows how to set them up and some good coaching. Nothing is worse than spending money and not getting what expect. From what I gather is that you want to get a clutch package not just some of it.

Sportfury said:
Thanks for the info I live in michigan ride in the UP When I put heal clicker in I set it up the way he saidI. He did sell me on the dual ramp set up and no helix. Thats why I would like to find someone who knows how to set them up and some good coaching. Nothing is worse than spending money and not getting what expect. From what I gather is that you want to get a clutch package not just some of it.
No need for speed your just tring to be able to beat a skidoo 1000

sj said:
I'm local...I'll help ya set them up...p.m. me

sj,

I am a friend of Joe's and I have the same sled as him (07 Attack GT no studs). I am about 195lbs. in gear. We ride in the UP and ride agressive. I guess what I am looking for is customer support for mods down the road. If I buy a clutch setup from one of the 3 companies that I know of, Bender,Hauck and Ulmer, which company is has the best poduct and support. I really dont want to get into pipes, air boxes and gears the first year. I am new to this and getting my feet wet. My brain is in overload with all the mods avalible for this sled. I would like to do a clutch now and maybe others next season. I appreciate the help in advance.

Brian

on these machines ....clutching and other power mods are a waste unless you get the power to the snow...so studding is a must first...
then...
there's a lot of cheap mods which will make your machine better...but to anwer your question...bender is a new company now...and they are alright...but not "steeped" in yamaha clutching..but have an old school heelclicker set up some swear by.....hauck IMHO has a name...yet not very good cust service..and you'll spend the most for the least..
the best service is ulmer....bar none...some of THEIR OWN products are the BEST....and others they sell are not as good (as what's avail. out there) and as their top notch service and great name warrants..

sj,

thank you for the info. i know i have to stud the sled but that will have to wait till next year. i think i will go with the ulmer setup. does anybody else here have an ulmer clutch kit? how do you like it?

brian

Back