• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch kit for viper

Reeck43

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sr Viper xtx
hey guys I’m pretty new to the 4stroke world and Yamahas. I have a 2018 viper Xtx 141 with an osp can on it. When I get on the throttle I hit the rev limiter really fast and I’m only seeing like 81-83 mph. What can I do to get more top end out of the sled? Looking into clutch kits but I’m not sure what to buy or really how they work. Any help is appreciated

hey guys I’m pretty new to the 4stroke world and Yamahas. I have a 2018 viper Xtx 141 with an osp can on it. When I get on the throttle I hit the rev limiter really fast and I’m only seeing like 81-83 mph. What can I do to get more top end out of the sled? Looking into clutch kits but I’m not sure what to buy or really how they work. Any help is appreciated
There is a thread in here called “clutching on the cheap”. It will give you a good idea how it all works. There is a couple vendors on here that will sell you a clutch kit just call and talk to them.

You just need to add wieght to the tips. The stocker will accept heavier rivets. Try it. It's cheap. Otherwise Every aftermarket sells the weights and they should be darn close by now. Flatter profile is smoother and probably less track spin so off trail may get on top easier without trenching. The stock profile and some aftermarket are aggressive and peaky. If you can hook up the will hit hard and can be funner but not necessarily faster. Pick your poison and pick a belt and stick with it.

The Viper is an awesome sled when you get it dialed in.

Problem with the sled is that poor clutching that the Viper came with. I personally rode the prototypes and mentioned to the guys at Yamaha they needed to change their clutch calibration.

With that said, the more miles you put on your Viper or any add on mods will make more hpr and will bang the rev limiter more.

We at Thunder Products Clutching have a kit that will be setup specifically for your sled, your mods and your riding style. The best part is if you do add even more mods or the engine makes more power by breaking in...you have the availability to add weight or take away weight with our patented adjustable weights. Many here on TY 4 Stroke are running the Big Venom kit we sell for the Viper and extremely happy! Some users like @phazermania2264 @SnoNinja & @buddah are running the kit and couldn't be happier....especially the fuel mileage. Some as high as 17-18 mpg. Other features that really are a hit with our kit is very low smooth engagement, longer belt life, amazing pull from bottom to top end and being able to hit over 100mph in good conditions on a stock Viper with just clutching. (See Videos)

Problem with the sled is that poor clutching that the Viper came with. I personally rode the prototypes and mentioned to the guys at Yamaha they needed to change their clutch calibration.

With that said, the more miles you put on your Viper or any add on mods will make more hpr and will bang the rev limiter more.

We at Thunder Products Clutching have a kit that will be setup specifically for your sled, your mods and your riding style. The best part is if you do add even more mods or the engine makes more power by breaking in...you have the availability to add weight or take away weight with our patented adjustable weights. Many here on TY 4 Stroke are running the Big Venom kit we sell for the Viper and extremely happy! Some users like @phazermania2264 @SnoNinja & @buddah are running the kit and couldn't be happier....especially the fuel mileage. Some as high as 17-18 mpg. Other features that really are a hit with our kit is very low smooth engagement, longer belt life, amazing pull from bottom to top end and being able to hit over 100mph in good conditions on a stock Viper with just clutching. (See Videos)

I’m buying your kit from a supplier in Ontario. There’s been nothing about this kit being set up personally for me and my riding style. Is this something I can just contact you about?

I’m buying your kit from a supplier in Ontario. There’s been nothing about this kit being set up personally for me and my riding style. Is this something I can just contact you about?

Absolutely!!!

Stock setup is:
3/4 allen in the heel
3/8 steel in the center
3/8 steel with 1 thin washer in the tip

Blue secondary spring set at 6-1

Got my clutch kit and thunder belt adjuster fron 2 kool performance in Prescott ontario.big venom works real well for midrange performance.i think the only way to run over 100mph is to run it on ice cause best I've done is 96 @8900 that's with the gates carbon belt and hard packed trail.and I'm only 165 lbs.im also running sandale can.the guys at thunder products are the absolute best when it comes to setting you up.

Are you saying your kit can get me better gas milage? Also, i do a lot of hauling building materials and wood for the the ole wood stove, but i get frustrated with the low end power, will the clutch kit help with that too?
How hard is it to install?

Are you saying your kit can get me better gas milage? Also, i do a lot of hauling building materials and wood for the the ole wood stove, but i get frustrated with the low end power, will the clutch kit help with that too?
How hard is it to install?

Yes, most are getting really good fuel mileage.

There is a video on Youtube that I have made which is very easy to follow and install.

I have a xf7000 2014 but has a ream clutch. Does thunder products have a kit for this? I wonder if I bought a kit for a 2017 if that would work on my 14 since it has the newer clutch?

Back