• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching for Turbo

i have a rx-1 turbo clutch set-up for the stock clutches, includes rollers, adjustable hh weights set to my specs, sec spring, sec helix, it works perfect, cost is 459.95, and its guaranteed to work, or your money back. so don't waste your money on aftermarket clutches, there not necessary. jeff

Have you tested or compared your kit against a stock set up?
Eng.speed? Stock primary spring?
I´ve studded my track and I want to have my chaincase in one piece :wink:

i don't understand the question, i have tested my set-up and it works excellent, i have also sold afew, and everyone who tried the set-up is very happy with it. engagement is a very smooth 4000 rpms, and it uses the stock primary spring, i can easily hook up the belt with this set-up, and it pulls like crazy, i don't see any problems with using the stock clutches. jeff

I mean,what is the difference between your kit and stock on a turbo?
Besides a bit higher engagement,has it better acceleration and/or topspeed? Any radar #? Cooler sheaves?

The reason I ask is so far the stock weights worked best for me.
I have a HC-kit and some interesting helix tips from Turk.
But even if I load the heels as heavy as possible,engagement is 4500 rpm,and with studds its gonna put some stress on the chain,as we all know this engine has monster torque.Remember Bender at the shootout.

$460 + freight is some money even for me. :wink:

460 is very cheep for a kit that all you need to do is put it in
jeff has done all the guess work and all the tunning for us on those kits.
remeber hes got real life tunning on those turbos not just hes own hes also played with mc express turbo also
hes also got dynos and and has been dong this stuff for years and years.
same with all the rest of them out there ..

but what should a kit cost. for a guy that spends countless hrs tunning and testing , what is a guys time worth and stuff like that?

what 50$ a hrs and say 10hrs of testing = 500$ plus the clutch parts but i would bet there is more then 10hrs of testing on that turbo kit,so is a kits a 460$ cheep ? my guess would be yes ...

what do you guys think ???

im shure you guys would know how much work gose into this stuff

I´m not questioning Jeffs capability and effort of time of tuning or the price of the kit,not at all! Read my lips:Howe much better is it compared to stock on a turbo?
Is it worth it to spend more money on another clutchkit? I allready have tons of kits to my modified T-cat-94 from RPC,D&D,Black-magic,PSI.All said theirs was the ultimate.
I know that jeffs kit works great on a stock sled but whats the differences on a turbo with stockweights compared to Jeffs kit? Better acc? Better top end?
I dont need a chainripping engagement now when studded, so I probably will stay away from my heelclickers.

Stock clutch

While the stock clutch may be enough, I don't consider the aftermarket a waste of money. It opens up the tuning opportunities. The lower the engagement with the turbo, the better.

i argree buck if a guy wants to put a 4 post or a 6 post giver ;)
im shure jeff can tune for 4 or 6 post .. or any of us can for shure if we all stick togther on this we could have a good setup for all clutches im shure of it;)

there is lots of smart guys on the forums and all have info in some sort of way that all can help

How to lower eng.speed from 4500 rpm with heelclickers?
Heels and mids are as heavy as possible,softest HC-spring on.
A softer spring would probably cause beltslippage.
Suggestions?

did you try changing your rollers at all hooper go to the bigger rollers ..
also you might have to get custom bolts for the heel and add more washers .. i had to do that to my monster i went to hardware store and got longer bolts for the heel and got more washers i got it down to 3800
for my monster but i have yet to play with tubo rx1 yet
. but must be same thing i would think
try it ..

the more weight you put on heel the lower the engament is ...

good luck hooper let me knwo if it works for you ok
thnx

Thanks xtreem,but how much longer bolts can I add without risking boltbreakage?If it snaps at 8500 rpms... ouch!
Is there any washers of heavier material than steel?

HEAVY WASHERS

Yes, tungsten. Thunder Products sell washers that weigh 5.4 and 3.3 grams.

Thanks Buckeye! Hey! Just rememberd that I have a thundershift kit for my HRP-clutch in the garage. With tungstenwashers! Thanks again! :lol:

Back