• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra 14"?

They don't make a 14' but you can cut a 15 to 14. Otherwise get a freeride track. Most seem to really like theirs and yes they are still available.

the freeride is just as good ive got 3000mi on my freeride and its been great. very minimal wear. usually the deaper lug tracks tend to fall apart when trail ridden much. all the lugs are intact and its amazing in powder, also really good on trails. its "planted" really nice. especially compared to the stock track, no washing back and forth when u let off. when u come into a corner the a$$ doesnt slide out, i dont know about u other ppl with a freeride but i cant even get it to slide out in the corners. unless bare ice. but i love the freeride. deff would never have a phazer with out it

fraolib said:
the freeride is just as good ive got 3000mi on my freeride and its been great. very minimal wear. usually the deaper lug tracks tend to fall apart when trail ridden much. all the lugs are intact and its amazing in powder, also really good on trails. its "planted" really nice. especially compared to the stock track, no washing back and forth when u let off. when u come into a corner the a$$ doesnt slide out, i dont know about u other ppl with a freeride but i cant even get it to slide out in the corners. unless bare ice. but i love the freeride. deff would never have a phazer with out it

X2 same for me and my sled.

freerideinstalled.jpg

Seth, so that means you are going to run another year on the Phazer? No jump to the arctic cat? It was a tough season seeing all that green above us on the standings!

SpeedRacer8888 said:
Seth, so that means you are going to run another year on the Phazer? No jump to the arctic cat? It was a tough season seeing all that green above us on the standings!

Well lets look at the % 80 or more was AC in the 85 classes.
I want to move in to sport 600 so if I do, it will be CAT or POL (I have just found the irony on owning stock in cat for five year and I dont like there race sled). Yamaha need more effort into thier race department and overhaule the front end(remember I still am in school for enginering so my teacher get to see it to. I have already drew up something that I think would work better. Also not to menttion AC and POL part are lot cheaper around 2/3 less on front-end parts.

The 85 hp racing class was designed soley around the Yamaha Phazer several years ago. No one will deny that Arctic Cat stepped up to the plate this past year with the introduction of the Sno Pro 500 for a sled that could legitimately compete in the class and it showed taking almost all of the top ten points positions in the Expert 85 classes and the top 25 in the Sport 85 class!

The Yamaha Phazer is still an incredibly fun sled to ride although Arctic Cat now has the most competitive sled. Yamaha does not market race sleds, so I don't believe any great changes will be made in the next couple years in the 85 hp class. Arctic Cat has put alot of effort into its racing program and it has paid off in championships and indirectly in sales.

I started racing cross country purely for fun and enjoy being able to improve my riding each lap on the track. I plan to ride the Phazer again next year but wouldn't mind at all if Yamaha put some more effort into their USCC race program.

Yep, hopefully the Phazer is the next inline for a refresh, its on year 5 now with no major updates and it now the oldest sled in the lineup without a major update. They could message the engine for 3-4 more hp (and stay under 85hp), updated the front suspension to keep the arms more level, and drop another 10-15# I'm sure.

blueironranger said:
Yep, hopefully the Phazer is the next inline for a refresh, its on year 5 now with no major updates and it now the oldest sled in the lineup without a major update. They could message the engine for 3-4 more hp (and stay under 85hp), updated the front suspension to keep the arms more level, and drop another 10-15# I'm sure.

Hmm sounds alot like my Mod sled....

Speedracer, as of right now the plans are to be back on Yamaha another season. that could change depending on support levels and other deals. but it looks like where I will be next year.

The shear numbers made the cat apear better than it was.

I jusy dont know yet. I would be buying a used one. I just dont like the fact at retail price on some of these parts. AC snowpro 600 parts are half of what yamaha is.
I think the a-arms should be spaced a little more apart and off-set a tad bit more.

Seeing all these cheap phazers in the spring has me
wanting to purchase another and give cross country another shot. Last time I did that is when in was 16 in 95' and raced a few on my awesome Phazer II, that was brutal with 6" of travel.

Back