• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 30 question???

SPRTNWD

any ideas why i get a code 30 and shut down when my sled is idling at a slight side hill angle it wont shut down if i am running it at this angle but it will if it is idling. i do realize it is a oil pressure issue but i dont know why i have this issue, is this common, can it be fixed. ( i ride a 07 mt apex w/boondocker turbo set-up)

it kinda bugs

I have the same setup and is also shutting down with a code30 at various times, even on flat ground. Oil level is good also.

Have you checked the oil pressure? It sounds like it is shutting down due to loss of oil pressure at idle. Could it have excessive bearing clearance due to deto? Now the drop in pressure is tripping the code? I would put a gauge on and check it with hot oil. How high has the boost gotten? Lots of guys putting on manual boost controller and they are spiking up. Deto then occurs. The worst thing you can run if your close on octane is a bleed in the accuatiotor line. Those spikes will kill that engine. Especially if your up in the boost scale. Mike Knapp#17

Yamaha sent out a tech exchange S2006-012 in December saying that air can become trapped in the lower oil line from the tank to the engine and cause code 30 to appear. This can happen durring oil change or when engine is installed.

Steps to remove air from the lower oil line.

1. Tip right side of sled up 20 - 30 deg. so that oil tank is higher than the engine for five minutes.

2. Disconnect oil presure switch (Apex).

3. Start engine and run at 3000 rpm for 5 seconds. Remove valve cover inspection cap and check for oil flow to the head

4.Repeat steps as needed until oil flowing to head. Reconnect oil pressure switch once there is oil.

I replaced the oil pressure switch on an Apex twice last year because of air trapped and giving faulty 30 code.

Give it a try and see if that is your problem.

I have a Boondocker turbo with relocated oil reservoir. It just started this code 30 thing recently. 1400 miles on motor.Could be pressure switch. Only does it at idle.

re

Mine just started to do the same thing. I noticed after a lot of frustration that my idle was 1350 rpm. I adjusted my idle to 1550, problem solved.
Apex idle is supposed to be 1500 plus or minus 100. The lower the idle the less oil pressure, just like the vehice you drive. I hope this works for everyone.

Mine throws a code 30 when i bring it home into the cold and generally the machine is all iced up, throw it in the garage and it's fine.

Back