• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Composit Track opinions

ClutchMaster

HUGE Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper 270 hurricane,
2002 Viper W/162 A.C. skid, SRX pipes &CDI, 780 BB
Has anybody had experience with these tracks?
I bought a Talon 32 after reading good reviews on them. I must say it’s a heavy duty looking track. The lugs are very thick and the clips are unbelievably thick!
It looks to be high quality, very little rubber flash, no cords hanging out.
It has a lot more lugs than anything camoplast offers and after seeing a few camoplast tracks missing lugs all over the place I decided on the Composit.

7984F6E4-8038-46E3-98E8-5FA8EA8A4464.jpeg
00EDAE5C-8A70-43D1-BC0C-0230C43E876B.jpeg
C3E96234-3160-477D-88ED-EF52F613B13D.jpeg
DB90E75F-75B8-4C0B-8093-B3425846A45F.jpeg
7984F6E4-8038-46E3-98E8-5FA8EA8A4464.jpeg
00EDAE5C-8A70-43D1-BC0C-0230C43E876B.jpeg
C3E96234-3160-477D-88ED-EF52F613B13D.jpeg
DB90E75F-75B8-4C0B-8093-B3425846A45F.jpeg
No quiet track BS to deal with when studding either.
I willl say it dam heavy tho.

I like the looks of it. You are right about the clips, they look beefy. I also like the little reinforcing ridges at the base of each lug. I know we'll get a report/review next winter. Hope it works out.

I could care less about weight. I am more interested in durability.
Looks rugged. Keep us posted on how it holds up.

I ran the talon 32s, same track but just pre studded for over 5000km and was impressed,
Hooks way better than the rip 2 track on a groomed trail, very well built track.

I still keep in contact/ride with the guy who bought my sled with the talon track and it’s still looks in great condition, close to 10k on it now.

It definitely has a lot more lugs and they are stout!
I will definitely report next season on how it performs.
It will take a couple years tho for a durability report. I’m thinking by the looks of it, durability won’t be an issue. :drink:

It will take a couple years tho for a durability report. I’m thinking by the looks of it, durability won’t be an issue. :drink:
Well I (was) very happy with my composit track!I installed the talon 32 15x136x1.25 on April 12th 2018.i put 1200 miles on in quebec before studding&had no problems.i installed 108 woodys gold diggers 1.325 up the middle in standard v pattern.i had 620 miles since studding&track came apart yesterday.It looks like it started on the outside.running a mono 2 skid&1.5 inches of track freeplay.i haven't called mfg yet but believe no warranty due to studs.there warranty is 2 years on this track model&although it says stud friendly I'm sure it won't be covered.If I rode places with no ice I would recommend this track but where I ride studs aren't an option they are a necessity due to icy corners &hills.kinda disappointed in 1 year&less than 2000 miles to have a failure.all studs were hand torqued&none are bent or missing etc.Not sure if I would buy another if it isn't warrantied as I've had other tracks by other mfgs with more studs&outside studded&never had a problem.the last track failure I had was probably 25 years ago &the track was old&weathercracked so wasn't surprised

Attachments

• 20190414_121118.jpg
    20190414_121118.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 754
Dam it BD that’s not what I wanted to hear!
I hope I have better luck than you did.
I searched a lot and found no bad reviews, although there is limited info on these tracks.
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be scrutinizing/inspecting regularly as I don’t want a repeat of what happened to me this year.

Dam it BD that’s not what I wanted to hear!
I hope I have better luck than you did.
I searched a lot and found no bad reviews, although there is limited info on these tracks.
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be scrutinizing/inspecting regularly as I don’t want a repeat of what happened to me this year.
Search talon 38 review

Search talon 38 review
Yea I googled it and found nothing but good reviews. Do you have a link to any bad reviews? I couldn’t find one bad one.

Yea I googled it and found nothing but good reviews. Do you have a link to any bad reviews? I couldn’t find one bad one.
Yes i saw some on here under search function talon 38 review,im really bummed as i had zero intentions of taking out a beand new track

i am considering the 1-1/2" 144" track after seeing the traction a rider has on here and liked how it grabbed but also am considereing other tracks that are pre studded. any preferences guys as going to be buying soon.

Last summer i changed the track on my 2011 128 apex, was gonna go back to the talon 32s just because it worked great on my Nytro but got a awesome deal on a ice attack track so tried that, only put on around 4 k this past winter, so far I found it doesn’t hook as hard as the talon on groomed trails but hooks good, both tracks are good on bare ice, had no problems with either of the tracks on icy trails corners or roads.
I do find the ice attack spins more under hard acceleration and gives a bit in the turns which makes my sled turn a bit better, I did many km’s on ice roads this year and track still looks new, my honest opinion you can’t go wrong with either track.
Took this pic a few weeks ago 4ooo+km.
6899BA01-3666-49CB-B256-31AC5093DC8B.jpeg

Back