• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cracked tunnel behind bearing carrirer

Nothing wrong with running the wedge.
Make sure it is in the driveshaft far enough so when torqued it is under the bearing and not the brake rotor.

The one that someone got me has a flange so it will only go in so far

Run your sleds with track in air and watch for any movement in your caliper/ rotor if your three mounting bolts are tight then you have a problem.
The problem is not the wedge. The problem is the rotor/bearing is cocked on the shaft/not seated properly. OR the shaft is not true ( not likely but possible). Been through brake wobble and it was MY FAULT. Still think it helps if the skid is removed from sled when removing/re installing brake rotor. It makes it a lot easier to align the brake assembly on the shaft/tunnel when tightening 3 bolts on inside of tunnel. The shaft has no tension on it with skid removed.

Gman25...
Did you double check your shaft to see if it was true?
Could you have taken a hit & bent the shaft just a little? Amazing how little it takes to bend them.

Reason I ask is aprox 3500 & 6500 miles ago new shafts, bearings, and wedges were installed into our machines.
Shafts & Bearings purchased summer 2020.
Bearing to shaft clearance was very close. Had to be placed perfect or would not slide on. Not sure how it could go on crooked.
Wedge locked the bearing at way less than 20ftlbs.
Wedge has been locked at 40ftlbs since.
Rotor still has some float. No perceived caliper movement.

KnappAttacks method is definitely fail safe. Especially for a very low mileage shaft.
Not sure how necessary it is for a new shaft & bearing? Unless tolerances have grown since 2020?

Again, Gman25, make sure the shaft itself is not tweaked. Otherwise you'll be doing this all over again.
Excellent repair by the way!

Last edited:
Hey fellas i installed 3 wedges on 3 winders all with new bdx axles with new caliper/ axle bearings this was the only sled that has cracked so far
Whoever posted video of your caliper moving up and down pull that immediately you will for sure find some cracking beginning. I should have shot a video of mine before pulling it apart.
Upon reassembly i will check run out with dial indicator for sure
Should have checked all three shafts when they were delivered before putting drivers on

Hey fellas i installed 3 wedges on 3 winders all with new bdx axles with new caliper/ axle bearings this was the only sled that has cracked so far
Whoever posted video of your caliper moving up and down pull that immediately you will for sure find some cracking beginning. I should have shot a video of mine before pulling it apart.
Upon reassembly i will check run out with dial indicator for sure
Should have checked all three shafts when they were delivered before putting drivers on
Sled saw no miles with wobble. It was repaired prior!

Back