• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crankcase filter mod?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
I decided to post a few questions about the following airbox mod in the pic below.My plan is the run this same setup which removes the oil collector box and hoses from the crankcase vent setup,then replace it with a long ruber hose connected to the crankcase at one end.At the other end is a small K&N filter.Will this cause any problems like hoses freezing up or crankcase pressure effects?I have no doubt this setup will cut down on my oil comsumption but i am wondering about its effects on the engine in the long run.Here is the pic.

Attachments

• t_100_5568_880.jpg
    t_100_5568_880.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 196

Been doing more research on the air intake forum and found alot of folks are using the stock oil catcher(little black box),then connecting a long hose from it running to a filter near the steering post.I plan on keeping the stock airbox.Just want to vent the crankcase to the steering post instead of the airbox which is sucking oil into my engine.Will this setup work without any problems?Will i have to rejet?And should i plug the hole in the airbox where the grey catch filter hose connected to it?

If the breather tube is open to the outside (even with a filter) it can allow moisture to enter the motor. The best thing to do is run the tube to a catch can. You can use a moisture remover from the air tool section from your local hardware store. Make sure you check it periodically so it isnt full of oil.

Back