• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dalton clutch kit for a Turbo Dynamics flash - need help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX-LE
My TD kid arrived today with the Dalton 70G, instructing a 7.74G set up. Using the 3/4" and then the 1". So....does that mean the 3/4" is in the tip/toe and the 1" is in the heel ? (why the instructions don't say I don't know) Please help me, I got one shot at this.

Correction Turbo Dynamics burn. Dalton clutch kit. 70G instructing that 7.4G be added. Using 3/4" and 1". Which goes where in Tip or Heel

Put 3/4 first or in tip, then the 1 inch.

By Dalton 70G do you mean QAY70? If so, here is a copy of the instructions that I have and they can also be downloaded from the Dalton website. I’m surprised this page wasn’t included in your kit. About half way down the page in bold and underlined text it says to never put the 1” weight in first. it also says to use blue Loctite on the weights.

Mike at TD told me to put the first weight in until it bottoms out then loosen it about a 1/4 turn. Then put the second weight in.

5C1B3601-D9B8-4DEE-BC67-C0E385431434.jpeg

By Dalton 70G do you mean QAY70? If so, here is a copy of the instructions that I have and they can also be downloaded from the Dalton website. I’m surprised this page wasn’t included in your kit. About half way down the page in bold and underlined text it says to never put the 1” weight in first. it also says to use blue Loctite on the weights.

Mike at TD told me to put the first weight in until it bottoms out then loosen it about a 1/4 turn. Then put the second weight in.

View attachment 152759

If putting 1 inch slug in first, you must back it out 1/2 turn from buttomed out as it may get stuck. All other sizes can be screwed all the way tight to the tip and/or against each other without issue.

OK. Thank you both for your help. I do have the yellow instructions. It wasn't making sense to me, however...You helped me realize that both weights are inserted in the heel ands screwed to bottom out on the tip and against each other. My confusion was based on my experience with heel clickers that have weights in 2 or 3 different locations. Thank you.

If your going to run a XS belt you will need those weights empty. I bought the DTya1 which on my scale were 74.6 gram. I ground 4.6 gram off each one to get rpm back up to 8850 on max 17 tune with XS belt. Just food for thought as Yamaha belts will go about 500 miles if your tuned.

Back