• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did Yama decide on a program for 05 RX-1 rear mono susp?

cgwiz

Lifetime Member
Any news if Yamaha Corp. decided on a program for retrofiting grease zirks on 05 RX-1 Mono rear suspension?

Like most companies do, the program they came out with is for you to purchase the 06 model & your problem is taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that the following year they will have the same program going!!!!!

BR

Personally I would not hold my breath. If yamaha was going to do something on this issue it would have already been in place by now. Unless you force them to do something they wont, by force I mean suing them.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. This is the one thing that bugs me. I cant believe I need to take my rear skid out every year just to grease it. If this is not taken care of, I will not be happy with YAMAHA. But I still love my 05 RX-1, and I dont think YAMAHA cares what I think anyway. They know its a good sled and we will live with it if we have too...

It isn't the missing zirk grease fittings that piss me off. I don't mind taking my suspension apart once a year to grease it. All the other problems I have with the suspesion is what ticks me off. Idler wheels falling off, RA boot and cable breaking, W-arm breaking, rail getting cracks in it. bushings made of plastic. These are the things I want addressed. The grease fitting are a minor issue, compared to all the other failures of this suspension.

I WANT MY F-ING SKID FIXED OF ALL THE RUST ON THE WELDS THAT HAS NOW SPREAD ACROSS THE REST OF THE PARTS. SO MUCH FOR FIT AND FINISH, UNLESS YOU LIKE RUST. Yamaha learn how to weld and paint or start powder coating these parts and cover up your piss poor welding job. OK now I am much happier after venting again and again and again. Just fix the problem would ya I am really getting tired of telling my Ski Doo and Polski pals excuses so I can keep face with them even my Cat buddy can now bust my rear, now that is low. This thing with having the dealer play stupid and yami still thinking about what they are going to do is getting old, Maybe it is getting to be time for a change of color after 20 years on Yamis and only 11 sleds, oh well what is 11 sleds to a big company like this. Hey only bought 4 new ones in the last 4 years. Hey doo and polski ya need to sell any new sleds next year I may be shopping. Well maybe I needed to vent just once more. Step up Yamaha it's getting old!

We should all start a small claims against Yamaha then watch em get fixed before it ever gets to court.

Rust at welds is showing a significant amount of strain, which is breaking the paint loose and allowing the rust process to begin. The early rust is just a sign of worse to come.

I recieved a new W-arm on warranty. Out of the box it had already a fair amount of rust on the welds and paint was missing from numerous places. I guess they painted the damned thing without cleaning it first.

That SUCKS!!! :o| :o| :o|

Kenlacy, can you prove that?? I remember back on my 95 vmax skid , after one season all the welds were rusty along with anything else they painted.

Poor painting and poor metal prep, thats my take but no proof.

In the VIP forum, it was mentioned that issues would be brought to Yamaha, then their input would be posted. I seem to remember that the '05 skid was the first issue. Any feedback?

Mrsled - the fact that paint is cracking and chipping from the welds and not other places shows there is too much flex at the welds. This typically happens on most vehicles over a long period of time. however, for it to show up this quickly is not good. On your 95 you say you noticed the rust at more than just the welds. On my 05, I am only seeing the rust at the welds, not all over.

And if they are poorly prepping and painting a 2005, then there will definitely be more worse to come rust wise. It took 3+ seasons before rust showed up on my M-10 or anywhere for that matter on my XC. My 05 already looks almost comprable.

I'll say it 1000 times. I love my 05, but Yami screwed up on the mono and they need to own up to it.

Tom you will probably be waiting on answers to all questions about as long as everyone else is waiting for answers to all their problems, the problem is the answers never have a conclusion, Yami just says we are working on it, great when my sled is 5 years old they will have a fix for it but that's only 3 years after I sold the thing AND SPENT HUNDREDS AND EVEN THOUSANDS FIXING THEIR F - UP just so I can ride a yami. Once again its really getting old Yamaha step up to the plate like the other mfg. and fix what is wrong with your current owner sleds. Wow venting again. Hello hello hello hello hello hello echo echo echo anybody out there listening from Yamaha.

Back