• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

Has anyone seen any better top end speed with these dfw vrs stock,supertip,or dalton,now almost any arched weight will be more agressive than the stock weight,but its hard to improve on the top end performance of the heavy stock weights,unless this new dfw has the abality to match it or improve upon it,but no one has reached that stage of tune yet.

i have reached it on the nytro with drag n flies & 2 speeds. same top end as stock but it took a lot of tuning.

Turk said:
i have reached it on the nytro with drag n flies & 2 speeds. same top end as stock but it took a lot of tuning.
Thanks turk,that does not sound to cool,i was hoping for just plug n play.

i have been testing the D&F, supertips and 8bus on my apex, i do run a bit lower gearing than most of you, but for top speed the d&f and supertips are exactly the same, with my setups and the 8bus are 2 km faster.. and its very close performance from the supertips and D&F when i raced my buddys apex,!
and from stock both supertips andD&F will give you about 4 sled lenghts, mostley in the holeshot and midrange. ;)!

POWERPACK said:
i have been testing the D&F, supertips and 8bus on my apex, i do run a bit lower gearing than most of you, but for top speed the d&f and supertips are exactly the same, with my setups and the 8bus are 2 km faster.. and its very close performance from the supertips and D&F when i raced my buddys apex,!
and from stock both supertips andD&F will give you about 4 sled lenghts, mostley in the holeshot and midrange. ;)!

whats your specific setup with the d&f's then?

6.2 heel
5.2 inner
3.2 tip
4.2 ovedrive
white HC spring and white yamaha secondery set at 3-3
it pulls 10500 from start and 10800 on top!

i have tryed some other variants suggested to me but this seems for now, to pull hardest..

20-38, sounds like mountain gearing..

you mean fastest accelerating or top end???20/38 is a 1.90 ratio...very steep and sure to take 15 off the top end..

i gear low becouse i like the low/midrange power and the instant power when i hit the trottle.. and ofcourse for short drags.. i hit 190 on speedo on perfect conditions, with 22-38 i hit 200..

TURK do you have the sec at 60 or 70??? with your xtx setup.

I am at 70 on my xtx.
Guys
I am kinda working with a friend in Mn & we are close to a good apex set up.
Right now at 5 grams arm & 5 grams tip white hc spring with a stock secondary it,s running very strong. gonna try some mid weight to see if we can get a slight improvement.

Back