• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

draining battery

Hi Guys

The flasher has a sleep algorithm implemented and this was done a while back. When the key is turned off, consumption is so low that it wont drain the battery.

To check this;
-Turn key ON
-Connect the flasher to the sled
-Turn key OFF
-Look at the flashing pattern on the GF LED, it will stop flashing completely thus confirming its asleep.

We did see 1 case where the flasher was defective due to physical damaged and this increased consumption even when at sleep. Quite a special case and would be surprised if we do see another one.

If in doubt, unplug it,

Cheers

I have a new flasher from you and it still drains the battery after 2 weeks. I gave up on it and just unplug it..

I have a new flasher from you and it still drains the battery after 2 weeks. I gave up on it and just unplug it..

Same here, right along with my buds sled when the flasher is left on it plugged in.

The led does not flash, but it drains the battery in two weeks.

Hey Mr. sled did you ever perform a draw test I just did mine 10ma after flasher goes to Sleep. Maybe all flashers not consistent

I did the draw test myself and with the flasher unplugged it was 00 and plugged in after light stopped flashing it was at .13ma . My battery has held at 12.72 volts for 3 days with the flasher unplugged. So now I know that my 3 dead batteries were caused by the flasher even in sleep mode

I think its fine to leave it plugged in for a few days maybe a week, beyond that I know I wouldn't recommend it based on what my buddy and I have seen.

Easy fix.....same as my GPS draws lightly over time.

Install a battery tender, you wont ever need a new battery.

If sled is setting for more then a week or so, just plug it in. Never a worry then.

The cost is minimal and I move them from one sled to the next, also have tenders on all my other toys.

I know its not really the topic, but tenders work well.

Dan

I have the same issue with the draw where it'll kill the battery after 2 weeks and I just use a tender all the time as Dan noted. Somewhat of a pain, but takes care of this issue.

Same issue here with the launch control harness - killed a battery.

Has anyone identified which wire is passing current? thinking a simple toggle switch could be used to interrupt the circuit when sled is parked. Taking the flasher out is a PIA, and there is a 100% chance I'll forget it in the shop at least once this season!

have a similar problem on a sidewinder did anyone figure this out?

No had the ecu completely unplugged still had a draw, put new voltage regulator in still wasn’t charging. Waiting for another regulator

Back