• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive shaft ring groove gone

I'm worried about it putting stress on the clip that holds the lower bearing in the chain case. Dealer is selling me a new shaft at cost so I'm just going to replace it this time. If it happens again I'll come up with something better.

Don't worry... The stress is on the chaincase cover... :cool:

Maybe a shims behind the bearing in chaincase?

20171128_202553.jpg

looks like the snap ring streched in both shaft pics i see. might have to replace them if you can rotate them in the groove with a screw driver. seen this lots on transport camshafts when the snap ring is re-used too often.

looks like the snap ring streched in both shaft pics i see. might have to replace them if you can rotate them in the groove with a screw driver. seen this lots on transport camshafts when the snap ring is re-used too often.

Remember the Old Yamaha Forward clutches like on Phazer? Still thats under spring pressure. For the disc to take out snapring like that the Caliper must be pushing on it more on the inside pad. Look carefully at Caliper. Bet you find grooves. Mine was covered under warranty.

None of that accounts for the magnets hitting cover of chaincase. Wow just Wow. They measured wrong.

That's what I was talking about. Put a little loctite on that bolt when it goes together and forget about it.

Last edited:
The plug will need welded in but pretty straight forward. I might be willing to do this as a service for people if enough people are interested. I would need to work it out with the site and would need your drive shaft mailed to me. It would be quick turnaround though and would be worry free afterward. I could probably do it cheaper than a full replacement drive shaft.

The plug will need welded in but pretty straight forward. I might be willing to do this as a service for people if enough people are interested. I would need to work it out with the site and would need your drive shaft mailed to me. It would be quick turnaround though and would be worry free afterward. I could probably do it cheaper than a full replacement drive shaft.
You are still letting disc float? If so press fit in shaft with aluminum would be more than enough.

I don't think the disk floated before. If you have to ratchet strap the tunnel together to get the clip on then there is no float. Am I missing something? I was planning on shimming the outer collar till everything just tightened up an calling it good.

I don't think the disk floated before. If you have to ratchet strap the tunnel together to get the clip on then there is no float. Am I missing something? I was planning on shimming the outer collar till everything just tightened up an calling it good.
Mine floats slightly.

Back