• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DTJ dyno may be off 7% higher than other dyno's

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
Here is some interesting info just found over on hardcoresledder,this guy greenmob said DTJ dyno is off 12% so anyone who gets there motor dynode there it reads high by this much,wow. Don't know I believe this,all dyno's are different,i have had sleds on dyno's on different days and got different readings,of course the RADS change daily,but TD guy jumps in and said he has personally spoke to jim about this erro,or correction of his dyno shaft showing up to 7% factor,so who knows maybe this motor was a tad hotter than Yamaha CO. thought they had gotten,now math tells us if it was 204 and subtract 7% we are still at 189.7hp and even that number is awesome from a completely stock motor,only time will tell,but if this new motor runs like it is suppose to,and will run up to 120 mph stock,it will be my fastest sled to date,and I will be very happy. Cheers

The 190 is probably more realistic. I just wish we would have got some real world results on this sled like a drag race between the stock 1100 turbo and the new Yamaha. This motor sounds like the real deal but it's alot of coin to shell out on a guess or taking the rags advice.

It's all in what correction factor is used. Most use standard which is higher than the newer standards manufacturers use. Doesn't matter as long as same standards are compared.

guys you must have short term memory lose? Ths Suk motor stock is a DOG! slow revving and any good runing 1000cc 2 stroke will spank it all day long!

I bet after first season nobody will be stock anyway. Power is definitely not going to be a issue!

I read the same thing on HCS, the way I take it is the correction factor is just the power loss in the Dyno just like any drive train. Different correction factors used buy different operators? Sounds like it's some what of a guess as to what factor to use! Don't get all caught up in peak number's, we have seen sled's Dyno big number's before that can't get out of there own way on the snow!

I read the same thing on HCS, the way I take it is the correction factor is just the power loss in the Dyno just like any drive train. Different correction factors used buy different operators? Sounds like it's some what of a guess as to what factor to use! Don't get all caught up in peak number's, we have seen sled's Dyno big number's before that can't get out of there own way on the snow!
Correction factor is the standard set for outside factors such as temp and Bar0. All the Dynojet shops I worked with Dyno itself was calibrated every year by Dynojet.

I bet at 3000 miles the sidewinder WILL have more then the one that was dynoed with 800 miles.. My 7000 CAT woke up ALOT at 3000 miles..

Yes, the guy on HCS is talking about the factor for power consumed in Dyno function though. I guess correction factor would be the wrong words but I think that's what he called it. It was words direct from Jim at dynotech! I'am sure the factor (being we can't call it a correction factor) Jim is referring to is different from a Dyno jet vs a super flow, this is where some of the power variance is coming from from Dyno to Dyno as well as correction values and calibration, etc, etc! As I stated in above post don't get caught up in peak numbers!

Last edited:
Doo's new 165 hp motor is not along when it comes to over hyped motors,and most all on some of the mags dyno the preproduction motors at dynotech,jim does a good job and a complete job,and no matter what correction factor he uses on his dyno,they are just numbers,every ones dyno's are all differently calibrated to be with in a certain % so one may be 10hp higher and on may be 10hp lower,so if we look at what AM snow had the early zuk 1100 dynode at on DTJ dyno it was between 180-183 now correct that back by 7% you are at 170 that was taking the high 183hp,and if we take dews new 165hp minus 7% 153hp comes out,and if it really was 170hp you are at 158hp so if ours is 190hp which one of them will be running with it??? None Its all good,and fun for now,next year will be the real test,out on the snow,and I don't care what AM snows little test strip radar run they have in dec. tells us,real world testing is what most of us care about.

I went back and re read and it was Ben from Turbo Dynamics that posted the numbers and Jim (DTR) called it a coupler loss of which he had an engineer calculate the loss and added a factor to compensate. He also said most do not compensate for this!

I went back and re read and it was Ben from Turbo Dynamics that posted the numbers and Jim (DTR) called it a coupler loss of which he had an engineer calculate the loss and added a factor to compensate. He also said most do not compensate for this!
If thats true that others dont compensate for that then his numbers would be higher. Glad I never subscribed to DTR!

Back