• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont slide owners, something to watch out for

suprfst

Lifetime Member
Website
www.smcfabrication.com
Keep a CLOSE eye on your Dupont slides. I was up on the first Muni ride earlier this month(sun through tues) and checked them out and they looked great, 2 days later and a 150 ish miles they were shot and wore into my rail. Hers the problem, the dupont part is nice and hard and wears great but it is only so deep. Once it wears thin enough it comes out and the plastic its set in is incredibly soft and wears very fast without the Dupont.

I have never in my 250000 miles on Yamaha 4 stokes worn a set of slides down to the rails in the area under the middle of the suspension. I did have wheels up front in the bend so thats why not much wear at the bend. The slides would be great if the Dupont went all the way through them or at very least if the main part was a tougher plastic.

Personally I have had the best luck with Renagade slides and thats what I went back to. I typically get 3500 to 4000 miles out of those. I did pickup 1/2 mpg with the Duponts though.

Attachments

• dupont.jpg
    dupont.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 474

Ouch! Let's hope this is an isolated incident.

Sounds to me that larger idler wheels are still the best solution.

How many miles total on the slides?? Whats your track tension set at? What sled? Do you have the stock track or aftermarket track?

Not sure what an 07 Attack has for a skid length, but this is something that has been mentioned a few times, and that is the Duponts only go back to 121.

Might have something do with this, and it will always puzzle me why Yamaha wouldn't make them the full length for each skid application?

Irv said:
Not sure what an 07 Attack has for a skid length, but this is something that has been mentioned a few times, and that is the Duponts only go back to 121.

Might have something do with this, and it will always puzzle me why Yamaha wouldn't make them the full length for each skid application?

I thought the sliders were longer and you needed to cut them to your length. :dunno:

It's cold outside today :brrr:

07 attak with 1.25 rip saw. I got 2500 miles total out of them.

Installed correctly? LOL

The side that hadnt worn trough yet is very thin. Like I said once the teflon is gone they went VERY fast , keep an eye on it.

suprfst said:
07 attak with 1.25 rip saw. I got 2500 miles total out of them.

Installed correctly? LOL

The side that hadnt worn trough yet is very thin. Like I said once the teflon is gone they went VERY fast , keep an eye on it.

So it sounds like you did good on the miles just didn't catch them in time?? I agree with no wear line, you better watch them close. I would not just toss them on and never look back.

Back